Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ideal Resolution for iPad game?

Anne256Anne256 Posts: 7New Users Noob
Hello,

Currently, I'm working on an iPad game. I would like to ask you what is the resolution requirement for an iPad game? Should I use (2048x1536) or (1024x768)? Will Apple reject my game app if I choose 1024x768?

I also would like to make my game compatible with iPhone. Should I make 2 separate apps (iPad and iPhone) or an universal app?

Thank you so much for your time and your help.

Replies

• LucasfrayLucasfray Denmark Posts: 4New Users Noob
    I would create one universal app, as it will save you a bunch of time with review and writing code.
  • TrevorSonnyTrevorSonny San Jose, CAPosts: 5New Users Noob
    Actually there are different resolution for various apple products , but because we are developing for ipad so there is 1024x768px, with 4:3 for( iPad 1st gen, iPad 2, iPad Mini) and 2048x1536px with 4:3 for (iPad 3rd gen, iPad 4th gen, iPad Air, iPad mini 2nd gen). It is exactly double than the previous generation which makes it easier to scale down.
  • willieaameswillieaames USAPosts: 3New Users Noob
    1024x768= iPad 1, iPad 2
    2048x1536= iPad 3
    Create one universal app for all devices.
  • iphonenewcomeriphonenewcomer IndiaPosts: 2New Users Noob
    Anne256 wrote: »
    Hello,

Currently, I'm working on an iPad game. I would like to ask you what is the resolution requirement for an iPad game? Should I use (2048x1536) or (1024x768)? Will Apple reject my game app if I choose 1024x768?

I also would like to make my game compatible with iPhone. Should I make 2 separate apps (iPad and iPhone) or an universal app?

Thank you so much for your time and your help.

The "best" resolution depends on a lot of factors:

1. The platform the game is supposed to be released on first
    2. Other possible platforms you plan to port to later
    3. Graphical fidelity (An 8-bit or pixel art game doesn't need to be hi-res.)
    4. Genre (A puzzle-game can probably get away with a lower resolution, but a high-speed competitive FPS might not.)