Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i need to learn iphone games programming

gothic2010gothic2010 Posts: 5New Users
edited September 2010 in iOS SDK Game Development
hi to all
i need to learn iPhone games programming
i can make apps but normal and now i need to learn how to make games
i only need the right direction to start programming games:rolleyes:
Post edited by gothic2010 on

Replies

• dany_devdany_dev Posts: 4,696Tutorial Authors, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited September 2010
    gothic2010 wrote: »
    hi to all
    i need to learn iPhone games programming
    i can make apps but normal and now i need to learn how to make games
    i only need the right direction to start programming games:rolleyes:

a nice 2d framework
    cocos2d for iPhone

a nice book (that talk about general iphone game programming not cocos2d specific)
    APRESS.COM : iPhone Games Projects : 9781430219682
  • gothic2010gothic2010 Posts: 5New Users
    edited September 2010
    dany88 wrote: »
    a nice 2d framework
    cocos2d for iPhone

a nice book (that talk about general iphone game programming not cocos2d specific)
    APRESS.COM : iPhone Games Projects : 9781430219682

thank you for ur replay
  • AjaxxAjaxx Posts: 68Registered Users
    edited September 2010
  • JadcharJadchar Posts: 2New Users
    edited September 2010
    Here you go , these folks have put together a great tutorial ressources.
    Their tutorials are podcasts + sourcecode. They go step by step from how to display your first sprite on the screen , to almost a finished game.

Highly recommended
    iPhone Tutorials | 71² - The ramblings of two 30-something developers
  • udithauditha Posts: 3New Users
    hay,

try this top rated iphone game development course -
    http://ude.my/bntys
  • ryantcbryantcb Posts: 667Registered Users @ @ @
    lynda.com does a real good cocoas2d course.
  • IceGameIceGame Posts: 29New Users @
    Hello,
    I suggest you buy a book on cocos2d, or a book on opengl es,
    (the opengl es is really open you can use opengl es on android, iphone and this is definitely a plus to know opengl es)
    and see tutorials, source code open source games will help you a lot .
  • tetrisleetetrislee Posts: 21New Users
    Hi,
    The path you need to take to learn to program for the iPhone is not an easy one because there are a "limited" number of resources out there that will tell you exactly what you need to do.
    That being said, there are plenty of places that will help you get well on your way.
    Whether you have never programmed before or are just wanting to learn how to program for the iPhone specifically, there are books, programs, and websites you there that can help.
    Programming can be both frustrating and exhilarating so the best advice is to just STICK WITH IT!
  • kevinmarkkevinmark Posts: 7New Users
    I also just recently started developing for iOS. I found the documentation over at cocos2d-iphone.org quite helpful, but sadly it isn't very in-depth. That's why I also bought the "Learn iPhone and iPad Cocos2D Game Development Book" (written by Steffen Itterheim who is also an active community member here on gamedev SE).

Objective-C was also new to me, but thankfully the documentation over at developer.apple.com is really good. Be sure to also read the introduction to Objective-C. and you should also read the memory-management guide. XCode also comes with a handy tool called "Leaks" which allows you to profile memory-usage and detect leaks. This makes spotting memory-leaks much easier and you should definitely run for your apps..

• ethansamuel17ethansamuel17 Posts: 41New Users
    Recent I have started to learn iPhone game development. I found some helpful information over at cocos2d-iphone.org quite helpful, but this is not in deep so it I also bought the "Learn iPhone and iPad Cocos2D Game Development Book". It has great examples and tips to improve iPad game development process.
    Ethan Samuel
  • leeja0081leeja0081 Posts: 10New Users
    To start this developing game for apps development also recommend to you buy book from or stay connect online with cocos2d this site.