Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video ad networks: AdColony vs. Vungle

shigaugishigaugi Posts: 69Registered Users @
I'm thinking about integrating either AdColony or Vungle to show video ads in my game.
Please share your experience. I wanna make the best choice possible, without having to integrate both.
Pros and Cons of each of these SDKs would be much appreciated (eCPM, Fill Rate, User Experience, CPV, CPI, dashboard, customer support etc)!

Thanks
A Sliding-Block Puzzle.... on Tequila?! Slide your way Mexico Style. Download Find a Way, José (http://j/mp/josegg), and flex them neurons like a real Muchacho! (for iPhone & iPad)

Replies

• shigaugishigaugi Posts: 69Registered Users @
    No one here can share their experience with those 2 video ad networks?
    A Sliding-Block Puzzle.... on Tequila?! Slide your way Mexico Style. Download Find a Way, José (http://j/mp/josegg), and flex them neurons like a real Muchacho! (for iPhone & iPad)
  • sinhahumayunsinhahumayun DhakaPosts: 209New Users @ @
    Vungle payment measurement system is slightly fishy, if your app does well and if you can incentivize your users to see the videos you might be able to earn ok amount of money. But, Vungle payment measurement system made very little sense to me. And the fill rate is not that great. I never got more than 1 video per 5 minutes. I can't comment on AdColony, haven't used it yet.
  • maharshakmaharshak some where over the rainbowPosts: 295New Users @ @
    Is any one heard about this ad video network:(Everplay Gameads)
    Link:
    https://everyplay.com/gameads

Anyone can share some experience with this ad network

thanks in advance
  • SofieatVungleSofieatVungle San FranciscoPosts: 2New Users Noob
    edited January 2014
    Hey there,

@shigaugi We want you to run video ads however you would like to. We only run 15 second or shorter videos. eCPM $4-12 on a worldwide average depending on geos of users, placements and frequency of ads in your app. We’ve only built SDK’s for iOS and Android.

Hi there,

@sinhahumayun Sorry you feel that our payment measurement system is fishy, I’d love to hear more details on why specifically you feel that way. We generate revenue for you via four different campaign pricing options: CPM, CPI, CPC and CPCV.

We want you to run video ads however you would like to: skippable/non-skippable and/or rewarded. It’s true that our publishers have had a lot of success with rewarded interstitials. But we’ve also seen publishers have even greater success with non-skippable rewarded video views (vs. skippable-rewarded), especially if you are experiencing low volumes of video ads and running a rewarded placement. Some publishers have seen more than a 100% increase in eCPM over 2 weeks. Take a look at this short presentation if you’d like to get more info: http://bit.ly/1gERP3z.

We have a global fill of over 90% worldwide. The global fill is dependent upon what geos your users are in, the frequency of your ad calls, and assuming our SDK has had an opportunity to cache an ad on the users device.

Please let us know if you have any further questions and feel free to email me directly at sofie.singer@vungle.com.
    Post edited by SofieatVungle on
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,046Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited January 2014
    Hey there,

@shigaugi We want you to run video ads however you would like to. We only run 15 second or shorter videos. eCPM $4-12 on a worldwide average depending on geos of users, placements and frequency of ads in your app. We’ve only built SDK’s for iOS and Android.

Hi there,

@sinhahumayun Sorry you feel that our payment measurement system is fishy, I’d love to hear more details on why specifically you feel that way. We generate revenue for you via four different campaign pricing options: CPM, CPI, CPC and CPCV.

We want you to run video ads however you would like to: skippable/non-skippable and/or rewarded. It’s true that our publishers have had a lot of success with rewarded interstitials. But we’ve also seen publishers have even greater success with non-skippable rewarded video views (vs. skippable-rewarded), especially if you are experiencing low volumes of video ads and running a rewarded placement. Some publishers have seen more than a 100% increase in eCPM over 2 weeks. Take a look at this short presentation if you’d like to get more info: http://bit.ly/1gERP3z.

We have a global fill of over 90% worldwide. The global fill is dependent upon what geos your users are in, the frequency of your ad calls, and assuming our SDK has had an opportunity to cache an ad on the users device.

Please let us know if you have any further questions and feel free to email me directly at sofie.singer@vungle.com.

$4-12 eCPM with 90% fill rate globally.. is this number for skippable, non-rewarded ads?
    This seems to be very good, anyone confirms?

Thanks.
  • travelmanricktravelmanrick new yorkPosts: 1New Users Noob
    Don't bother with Vungle. Let me start with this. The rep I spoke with Tim, said to me we would get anywhere from 25 - 75 dollars eCPM. We took a chance and tried it even though those numbers are very high. In the few days we ran Vungle we saw dismal results. Yesterday for example, revenue was .24. You will not get paid per impression, you only get paid for installs. Which is rather lame since no one wants to install an app just after they watch a video, they (hopefully) want to continue using your app. Stay away from Vungle.

I emailed Tim twice and told him of our dismal results. No reply. So he knows he lied to us and fails to respond. Perhaps this is their model. Let's hope developers don't catch on that we suck.

We are going to experiment with other ad networks now and stripping Vungle out of the mix. After our experience, I highly recommend that you not even both downloading their SDK as its a waste of time.

• raymngraymng Posts: 2,046Registered Users @ @ @ @
    Yes, Vungle is giving low ecpm.