Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The appstore wait thread.

Replies

• rebello95rebello95 Posts: 276Registered Users @ @
    New screen sizes along with iOS 8, yeah. According to Apple's site, they're slowly improving the time. Looks like new releases are taking considerably longer than updates too.
  • Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 277Registered Users @ @
    I got my new release out today after 5 days review, happy face, oh and yea new screens and all that jazz
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
  • wtfspiffwtfspiff Los AngelesPosts: 5New Users Noob
    10 days in no sign of a review. Just says "Waiting for release"
  • TouchmintTouchmint Tempe, AZPosts: 823Registered Users @ @ @
    Updated my bracket maker for iPad. Been "in review" for 7 days now.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,613New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Touchmint wrote: »

What is the time from "waiting for review" to get to "In Review"?

Did they pick it up in the first few days?

If you had to wait the normal 7-10 days, then that is not good for all of us.
    edited September 2014
    wtfspiff wrote: »

Did you checkmark the box... "I will release this app". If so, you've already been approved, and you need to release the app. This is a new feature that only used to be available to updates. It now is a choice for new apps too. If this is your problem, be sure to update the available date to the present or a date in the future, before releasing your app. That's to avoid being buried in the back of store, because your available date was a long time ago.
  • wtfspiffwtfspiff Los AngelesPosts: 5New Users Noob
    i am so
    dev666999 wrote: »
    wtfspiff wrote: »

Did you checkmark the box... "I will release this app". If so, you've already been approved, and you need to release the app. This is a new feature that only used to be available to updates. It now is a choice for new apps too. If this is your problem, be sure to update the available date to the present or a date in the future, before releasing your app. That's to avoid being buried in the back of store, because your available date was a long time ago.

I am sorry stupid auto correct. its "Waiting for Review "

September 14, 2014 09:58
    xx@xx.xx

Waiting For Review

:( :(
    dev666999 wrote: »

What is the time from "waiting for review" to get to "In Review"?

Did they pick it up in the first few days?

If you had to wait the normal 7-10 days, then that is not good for all of us.

It went into review after 2 days I think. So still only about 9-10 days but not happy.
  • smashingsmashing Posts: 291Registered Users @ @
    I think the Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, etc. type of apps apps get priority which is pushing everyone else to the back of the line. Apple is clearly picking favorites, just like with their initial iPad introduction.
    Time Calculator+ the best time calculator in the world.
    They also don't seem to be doing a thorough job (at all) reviewing apps. During the review of my app, they never even logged in - my servers never received a request. And, by the way, logging in wasn't optional for that app, as soon as you open the app it makes you log in, meaning all they did was open the app - if that. Why bother?
    rebello95 wrote: »
    They also don't seem to be doing a thorough job (at all) reviewing apps. During the review of my app, they never even logged in - my servers never received a request. And, by the way, logging in wasn't optional for that app, as soon as you open the app it makes you log in, meaning all they did was open the app - if that. Why bother?

Figures. I had an app update this month that waited for review for 7 days then went from in review to ready for sale instantly.
    Figures. I had an app update this month that waited for review for 7 days then went from in review to ready for sale instantly.

Sounds about right.

• kricksterkrickster txPosts: 2New Users Noob
    Apple's app deployment model is the worst I have ever seen during my 30 years in development\consulting. It reminds me of software QA departments from the 90's. Instead of moving forward, they have moved backwards and brought XP development to it's knees.

Let the market take care of the minute details instead of Apple's ultra micromanagement. That's how Google (Android) has done it successfully. People will uninstall bad apps if they don't perform as expected, but Apple feels the need for absolute control of everything no matter how detailed.

Wanna get their attention? Do what we do.

All mobile app releases, updates, marketing and brochures have the following warning to iOS users:

A note for iPhone \ iPad Users

The stable release of <Your app name and version number> is available in the iOS App Store (iTunes). However, due to Apple’s notoriously flawed, cumbersome and convoluted app deployment model, updates and enhancements to the iOS app will not release as fast or frequently as the Android version. In other words, Android users will get app upgrades, fixes and enhancements almost immediately upon release. iOS users may not see the same updates for days or weeks after <your company> releases the update for use.
  • kricksterkrickster txPosts: 2New Users Noob
    edited September 2014
    Why would someone flag my post as a troll? I am frustrated as heck about my app updates being delayed for 1-2 weeks and we devs need to stand up and do something about it.

Is there some Apple employee going around flagging posts that doesn't put them in a good light?

I had an app rejected because of a Receipt issue for In-App Purchasing. Only one thing, our app doesn't use in-app purchasing!

So, to conclude, there are Apple trolls going around flagging others as trolls? Go figure!

Currently in waiting 5 days and counting. I have been able to update my android version with 3 enhancement and fix versions since then.

• panzeritipanzeriti United StatesPosts: 769Registered Users @ @ @
    The review process sucks for devs. If iOS ever becomes second rate to another platform, it will improve :wink:

I personally think the wait time is artificial, as it is really not taking them that long to get to your app, they just make you wait. Why would they? Perhaps to reduce update frequency, control number of new apps at any time, or persuade you to make sure your app works right before submitting.
  • C6Silver05C6Silver05 SeattlePosts: 632New Users @ @ @
    From their guidelines, this is what they do that makes it take so long (the bold and underline is mine. It's my favorite quote). Now whether you believe they are doing these things is another matter entirely....

We have lots of kids downloading lots of Apps. Parental controls work great to protect kids, but you have to do your part too. So know that we're keeping an eye out for the kids.

We have over a million Apps in the App Store. If your App doesn't do something useful, unique or provide some form of lasting entertainment, or if your app is plain creepy, it may not be accepted.

If your App looks like it was cobbled together in a few days, or you're trying to get your first practice App into the store to impress your friends, please brace yourself for rejection. We have lots of serious developers who don't want their quality Apps to be surrounded by amateur hour.

We will reject Apps for any content or behavior that we believe is over the line. What line, you ask? Well, as a Supreme Court Justice once said, "I'll know it when I see it". And we think that you will also know it when you cross it.

If your App is rejected, we have a Review Board that you can appeal to. If you run to the press and trash us, it never helps.

If you attempt to cheat the system (for example, by trying to trick the review process, steal data from users, copy another developer's work, or manipulate the ratings) your Apps will be removed from the store and you will be expelled from the developer program.

This is a living document, and new Apps presenting new questions may result in new rules at any time. Perhaps your App will trigger this.

• iekeiiekei Posts: 595Registered Users @ @ @
    My only complain is that the "official" review waiting time is no longer there.
    ugg going on 11 days "in review"...

Yikes. As I have lost 2 "in review" days to "waiting for export compliance", this does not sound promising.
    edited September 2014
    C6Silver05 wrote: »
    Yikes. As I have lost 2 "in review" days to "waiting for export compliance", this does not sound promising.

I've never heard of that one... What was the cause of that?

Damn... this is going back to where we were 4 years ago, when for a long period, the review times were 14 days.

Apple sure is nickel and dining the review program by not hiring more reviewers.
    @rebello95‌ I am using crypto within my app which requires an export certificate from the US Department of Commerce. I have another thread all about this requirement which you can find from the past week. The reason I roll my eyes at Apple a bit is that it took hours to get the whole thing from the government but days on Apple's part to just look at the screen capture and then move it to the "waiting for review" Disney ride line. Not too dissimilar from setting up a company where it took Apple several times longer than both the state and federal government to recognize the company.
    @C6Silver05, interesting. The processing times for builds uploaded to iTunes Connect seems to be longer in general since their update as well.
    @rebello95‌ I strongly suspect it is due to the higher than normal updates that come when a new iOS version is released. I see a lot of apps whose "updates" only include "Updated for iOS 8!". I don't want to cast stones, but I believe a good chunk of these actually did nothing other than submit their previous binary. I think they wanted to make sure everyone knew their app worked with iOS 8 and perhaps even give the impression that it was now somehow better. Hmmm, after re-reading the above I realize I might sound a bit like a jaded ass. ;-)
    @C6Silver05‌ Haha I know what you mean. Although, to be fair, there are some apps that change huge amounts of things with iOS 8 and apps that don't change anything, but I think a lot of apps fall somewhere in the middle. For example, I have 5 updates pending review - none of which have huge changes, but all of them have minor fixes for things that broke or could be improved on in iOS 8.