Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The appstore wait thread.

Replies

• C6Silver05C6Silver05 SeattlePosts: 632New Users @ @ @
    It isn't consistent and never has been. This is Apple normal.
  • C6Silver05C6Silver05 SeattlePosts: 632New Users @ @ @
    As an follow-up, 5-days for my latest update to get through.
  • HackHack San FranciscoPosts: 2,137Registered Users @ @ @ @
    How about new apps? Anyone have some times lately?
  • esotericesoteric Posts: 617Registered Users @ @ @
    edited December 2014
    Post edited by esoteric on
  • HackHack San FranciscoPosts: 2,137Registered Users @ @ @ @
    Submitted one on Nov 24th. Still waiting for review. Was just curious if anyone had recent numbers for new uapps.
    Submitted a new app on November 25th, it went "In Review" after 2 hours...it's been sitting In Review since then so at day 9 now.

Submitted an update on Dec 1, it's now Ready for Sale...took 3 days.

Submitted a different update on Dec 1, it's still Waiting for Review.
  • scottwbscottwb Posts: 952New Users @ @ @
    It's now the all important run up to Christmas and I can see already that review times are getting longer.

Our latest (Meyume) App Christmas Toy Factory has taken 9 days from waiting for review to available on the App Store.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,613New Users @ @ @ @ @
    scottwb wrote: »
    It's now the all important run up to Christmas and I can see already that review times are getting longer.

Our latest (Meyume) App Christmas Toy Factory has taken 9 days from waiting for review to available on the App Store.

Yes, noticing that too. Based on prior years, they should be getting shorter. As reviewers try to get as many apps through as possible. Hope things change soon.
  • jcaffjcaff Posts: 3New Users Noob
    I submitted my latest app on the November 22th, status changed to "In review" after one hour and it still sits there after 14 days... doesn't feel good.

jcaff wrote: »
    I submitted my latest app on the November 22th, status changed to "In review" after one hour and it still sits there after 14 days... doesn't feel good.

I hate when they do this. Putting apps In Review after an hour or two and then letting it sit there for 1-2 weeks.

Not only does it get our hopes up, but then we're unable to to edit keywords/screenshots. Another dick move by Apple
  • danny43danny43 Posts: 101Registered Users @ @

I had the same thing happen. I submitted on the 21st and got to 14 days with no review. I submitted another update to an different app on November 28th and that update was approved in just a few days. But the other one hung around.

At 14 days I rejected it and resubmitted it. I think apps can get "stuck" at times and no one on the review team is noticing them because there is no reason for what happened to me. A newer submitted app gets reviewed faster then an app submitted a week prior. (And they are very similar apps)
    danny43 wrote: »
    I had the same thing happen. I submitted on the 21st and got to 14 days with no review. I submitted another update to an different app on November 28th and that update was approved in just a few days. But the other one hung around.

At 14 days I rejected it and resubmitted it. I think apps can get "stuck" at times and no one on the review team is noticing them because there is no reason for what happened to me. A newer submitted app gets reviewed faster then an app submitted a week prior. (And they are very similar apps)

So your advice would be to reject the binary and resubmit?

I contacted Apple after 10 days and they assured me that my app has not been forgotten, but nothing changed since then...
    So your advice would be to reject the binary and resubmit?

I contacted Apple after 10 days and they assured me that my app has not been forgotten, but nothing changed since then...

Ive tried it once before and on the resubmit it got approved in what was the normal review time. But who knows if its really why so I'm trying it again.

I also emailed Apple and got the same reply saying everything looked normal, I waited a few days after with nothing getting approved.
  • TheBakerManTheBakerMan Posts: 83New Users @
    edited December 2014
    Waited more than a week for my apps to get into "in review" and now it's been "in review" for more than 2 days. It use to be relatively quick after it got into "in review". If it get rejected for some reason, I don't know if I have enough time to get it fixed/changed and then released before x-mas. :(
    Slight improvement, six days for our app Holiday Sling Shot to hit the app store from upload.

Any luck getting your app reviewed?
  • IconicDigitalIconicDigital LondonPosts: 469Registered Users @ @
    edited December 2014
    Will the app store rush through apps for Xmas? I am thinking of trying to release my app today or tomorrow but worried it might not make it through in time. Does the app store close on the 22nd in terms of reviews?
    Photo Editing IPhone & IPad - ImageLab
    Photo Editing IPhone & IPad - PixelPoint
    Live Video Editing On Your IPhone - Video FX+
    London Photography - London Photography
    Voucher Codes & Offers - SocialOffer.co.uk Voucher Codes
  • rebello95rebello95 Posts: 276Registered Users @ @
    Of 4 updates, 2 went into review and were approved the next day (on Wednesday), and the other 2 still haven't gone into review.
    danny43 wrote: »
    Any luck getting your app reviewed?

Yes, after 17 days my app got approved. New record for me ;)

Yes, after 17 days my app got approved. New record for me ;)

They liked it so much they took 16 days to get the high score ;)
  • TheBakerManTheBakerMan Posts: 83New Users @
    New app. 8 days from upload to approval.

It does not look like they are going faster towards the x-mas break.

Two apps - both 8 days from upload to approval. One of the apps was an update!
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,613New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Crap... not looking good. If the 18th cutoff date is accurate.
  • tmongytmongy Posts: 93New Users @
    Just had an update go through today. Took 6 days.
  • rebello95rebello95 Posts: 276Registered Users @ @
    Had an update go into review today after submitting it 2 days ago... Still in review