Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Custom keyboard SHIFT KEY

julthebaberjulthebaber CanadaPosts: 37New Users @
im kinda new to coding so i just want to know if something i thought about is possible. I made this custom keyboard off a tutorial(objective-c). There's was no help on how to implement a shift key in the tutorial. So here's my thought. I have a XIB file with my custom keyboard with lower case which works probably. I want to create a new XIB file with upper cases letter but what would be the code to detect:
if (shiftKey) = touchupinside {
lowerCaseKeyboard = hidden
upperCaseKeyboard = not hidden }

I know this code doesn't work, i'm just trying to explain what i'm trying to do. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

EDIT: i figured changing the whole keyboard just to show the upper case letters wasnt the way to go. Does anyone know what action i need to do in order to toggle upper/lower button case? Lets say: if shiftkeybutton is pressed: show upper case letters else show lower. Something like that..?

• BrianSlickBrianSlick Treadmill Desk Ninja Posts: 10,690Tutorial Authors, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
    There are several actions you can tie to a button, or any control for that matter. Normally we default to "Touch Up Inside", but there are other options. For example, there is a "Touch Down Inside", too.

So it kinda depends on how you want it to work. You could use the touch down one to either swap the keyboard or simply set a boolean. Reverse that on the touch up one.
    Professional iOS App Development. Available for hire.
    BriTer Ideas LLC - WWW | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

BTIKit | SlickShopper 2 | Leave a PayPal donation