Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

App Got rejected due to some uncertain Reasons Please Help (Since i am new) !!! any Advice??????

Chief LichChief Lich Posts: 13New Users *
My App got Rejected on Apple Store due to some uncertain reasons, that i am not clear off.
My App is Battery Optimization related.
1-Apple rejected the app on the basis that i am getting information from their hardware which apple itself dose not provide to their users.
*their is an algorithm working its magic to get the stats for each application used i am not getting the stats from the iPhone Hardware, the only thing i am getting from the hardware is the general battery time and ram usage.
2-The stats i am providing in my app are fake and asked how am i doing getting those stats.
*i replied they are not fake they are the estimates of the power usage calculated by an algorithm i developed.
*All i am getting back from them are bot replies, i also tried the resolution center.
*My point is i am idealizing the features of a very popular app named Battery Doctor. total 50 of these are same as mine but they are live! Why?
Post edited by Chief Lich on

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,605New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Post your rejection letter. Leave out the ID info. That way we can see why Apple may have rejected your app.

Your post does not give enough pertinent information.
  • Chief LichChief Lich Posts: 13New Users *
    ok i am on it please wait
    1st Reply

2.19 Details

We noticed that your app provides potentially inaccurate diagnostic functionality for iOS devices to the user.

Next Steps

Currently, there is no publicly available infrastructure to support iOS diagnostic analysis. Therefore your app may report inaccurate information which could mislead or confuse your users. We encourage you to review your app concept and incorporate different content and features that are in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

2nd Reply

Our Question
    Hi, I would like to query about my Smart Battery Saver app, the binary of which just got rejected due to certain diagnostic infrastructure guidelines not met. I am still uncertain as to where my team has been wrong in development of the app, as I ensured myself that all guidelines were properly followed, in consultation also with certain battery saving apps in the ios market available. I would really appreciate if the testing team could specifically point out the areas where we have been wrong, preferably with the help of some screenshots of the app, pin pointing the exact screens and the errors. It would help me and team a lot in rectifying those errors to the best possible way. Looking forward to your response -- Regards Umair

Apply Answer

2.19 - Apps that provide incorrect diagnostic or other inaccurate device data will be rejected

Hello,

Thank you for your response regarding your app. Your app provides device data that may be incorrect. This is not compliant with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Best Regards,
    App Store Review
    sorry if i held any of you guys reviewing my post, the above message contains the information about the conversation i had with the app store review
    I tried explaining the app review store that the diagnostics stats that my app is providing the work of an algorithm just like any other battery savvy app out their and they work on the same agenda and provide same stats as my app does. Any suggestions regarding what i must do or what wrong i might have done are appreciated
  • fouldscfouldsc Posts: 398Registered Users @ @
    IMHO you will never get it through, they don't care for that kind of app .
    @fouldsc please elaborate thank you :)
    fouldsc wrote: »
    is this your point of view or experience ?
    Basically what may have happened here...

1. Although spoofing is usually met with humor, by all, Apple does not like spoofing their hardware. Apple does not like anything that would make their hardware appear "imperfect" in any way. Hence the rejection.

2. Although there are already Battery apps in the store, they appear to be grandfathered in. So Apple may have a new policy where they no longer accept apps of this kind.

3. With so many apps in the store, Apple may be tightening up as to the functionality of the app. For example... good luck getting any Fart apps into the store these days. So you may have to add additional functionality to your app, to make it a bigger and better app.

4. You may have had the poor luck of getting a reviewer who is stricter with the rules...or, who just is interpreting the rules wrong... and rejecting your app.

You really only have a few choices. Resolution Center, Appeal or resubmit as a new app.

Resolution Center evidently is not working for you. Try an Appeal. If that does not work... either improve the app, or resubmit as a brand new app. You will most likely get a new reviewer, who may approve it. Resubmission has been successful for others, when stonewalled in a situation like this. You'd be advised to change the Icon and of course the name, so it does not look so obvious that your are resubmitting.

Good luck.
  • sparksosparkso Posts: 534Registered Users @ @ @
    are you trying to repeat the success of the legendary Battery Double app?
  • fouldscfouldsc Posts: 398Registered Users @ @
    Chief Lich wrote: »

Both, they don't like this kind of app (experience) as it makes people think the hardware is not perfect. Also experience is that once you get a rejection like that give in, until you resolve the problems (impossible to do so) you will never get through.
    My point of view is also that this is the type of stuff they need to keep out the app store as it serves no use to anyone.

As others said, either move on or rebrand and resubmit
  • PikPokPikPok Posts: 370New Users @ @
    I can't speak to the specific issue, but I know for sure that appealing on the basis of "but there are other apps on the store that do X" is not going to help you in any way.
    <div align="center"><a href="http://www.pikpok.com"; target="_blank">PikPok</a> - steal a moment! </div><br />
    Games: <a href="http://pikpok.com/games/supermamc/"; target="_blank">Super Monsters Ate My Condo</a> | <a href="http://pikpok.com/games/intothedead/"; target="_blank">Into the Dead</a> | <a href="http://pikpok.com/games/football/"; target="_blank">Flick Kick Football</a>
    PikPok wrote: »
    I can't speak to the specific issue, but I know for sure that appealing on the basis of "but there are other apps on the store that do X" is not going to help you in any way.

Yep... If you do an appeal, do not use that as a reason. It will be an automatic rejection. Apple does not like to be told they do not do things perfectly. Which is what you're implying if you state..."But there are many other apps like it in the store..."

From experience, their answer will be... Just because others have been approved does not mean we can now approve yours.

dev666999 wrote: »
    Basically what may have happened here...

1. Although spoofing is usually met with humor, by all, Apple does not like spoofing their hardware. Apple does not like anything that would make their hardware appear "imperfect" in any way. Hence the rejection.

2. Although there are already Battery apps in the store, they appear to be grandfathered in. So Apple may have a new policy where they no longer accept apps of this kind.

3. With so many apps in the store, Apple may be tightening up as to the functionality of the app. For example... good luck getting any Fart apps into the store these days. So you may have to add additional functionality to your app, to make it a bigger and better app.

4. You may have had the poor luck of getting a reviewer who is stricter with the rules...or, who just is interpreting the rules wrong... and rejecting your app.

You really only have a few choices. Resolution Center, Appeal or resubmit as a new app.

Resolution Center evidently is not working for you. Try an Appeal. If that does not work... either improve the app, or resubmit as a brand new app. You will most likely get a new reviewer, who may approve it. Resubmission has been successful for others, when stonewalled in a situation like this. You'd be advised to change the Icon and of course the name, so it does not look so obvious that your are resubmitting.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for this insight (dev666999). i am aware of the situation that Apple is cutting down the app cluster like farts and poo etc apps, i went through that information but these kind of apps are meant to be sized down since they have a huge cluster of 250,000 and the app i am idealizing is not even over 50 in total numbers.
    Thank you for your advice cause i have to agree with you on some of your points like previous apps were grandfathered something like that or i had a bad reviewer or so.
    sparkso wrote: »
    are you trying to repeat the success of the legendary Battery Double app?

Thank you for your comment (Sparko) no i am not trying to make a legend out of it but i made something of my own, idealizing the design and concept of latest battery apps, popular in app store; For Example:" Battery Doctor by Cheetah mobile".
    Chief Lich wrote: »

Both, they don't like this kind of app (experience) as it makes people think the hardware is not perfect. Also experience is that once you get a rejection like that give in, until you resolve the problems (impossible to do so) you will never get through.
    My point of view is also that this is the type of stuff they need to keep out the app store as it serves no use to anyone.

As others said, either move on or rebrand and resubmit

Thanks For your reply @fouldsc, yes i agree with you, in fact no one would want their hardware presented in a bad way, since their were other apps providing the estimates about the battery stats i thought of making one too and i quote again "i am not accessing their hardware they are just near to accurate (Estimates) with lots of analyzing and thought". But i agree with you too thank you for the heads up that apple don't want people to know their hardware is faulty. But i acted on the whim of other giant apps successful in the market.
    dev666999 wrote: »
    PikPok wrote: »

Yep... If you do an appeal, do not use that as a reason. It will be an automatic rejection. Apple does not like to be told they do not do things perfectly. Which is what you're implying if you state..."But there are many other apps like it in the store..."

From experience, their answer will be... Just because others have been approved does not mean we can now approve yours.

@PikPok
    @ dev666999 yes i knew that mentioning other apps wont be a good or professional approach, but out of frustration, that similar apps are live on the app store and mine is not passing through made my hands type something to let them know and respond me specifically about whats wrong with my app. Anyways Thank you for your insight and Suggestion/Advice. Thank you so much for your time.

Good luck. [/quote]

@dev666999 yes i will try for an appeal and hope if that works out. And yes i will take this point under consideration about the icon and the app title cause something is bugging me that my app has no problems, but their is something wrong with the app title and its description. Maybe i am not stating the right words or speaking the truth about my app, how about i try mentioning "that my app is providing the estimates and they are not accurate, the iPhone device has nothing to do with it, they are just to inform the user about how much time his/her battery has for a specific running app (roughly)" ?????!!!!!
    @ dev666999 @PikPok @fouldsc @sparko guys tell me if their is a limit to rejection in app store review board.
    How manay times can i be rejected?
    how many times i can go for an appeal?
    is their a limit to these things and besides that also give your thoughts about my idea on changing the description and app title of my battery app which in my point of view do not a speak what my battery does like i have mentioned in the last comment.
    For example my battery app informs about phone's battery stats; in my current description i mentioned "it tells the time remaining apart for each app used".

Should i be using the word roughly or estimate in my description and the app title. Even if i do that will it make a difference or change the point of view of the app review store.
    Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you again Brothers for discussing this with me. Please respond to my last two comments ASAP, thanks again.