Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could I have the same name as another app but without the punctuation?

swifter22swifter22 usaPosts: 92New Users @
I have a game that is called SuperHero Jump and there is another game in the App Store called SuperHero Jump! with the exclamation point. Is that allowed or should I change my name?
Tagged:

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,618New Users @ @ @ @ @
    swifter22 wrote: »
    I have a game that is called SuperHero Jump and there is another game in the App Store called SuperHero Jump! with the exclamation point. Is that allowed or should I change my name?

It's allowed, but frowned upon.
  • swifter22swifter22 usaPosts: 92New Users @
    dev666999 wrote: »

It's allowed, but frowned upon.

I didn't know about until couple days ago.....I'll probably change it.
    edited July 2015
    He was first.
    Alifar wrote: »

Who was first?

He was first.

edited July 2015
    I changed the name in xcode do I have to do anything in itunes connect @dev666999 ?
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,618New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Yes, you need to change the name in iTunesconnect too.

So that it matches what is in Xcode.
    @dev666999 I changed the name in iTunesConnect also but when I test my in app purchases they don't work anymore. How would I fix this?
  • ernestofndzernestofndz Posts: 12New Users *
    You probably changed the package id of your application. You don't need to change that to change the name. You have two places to change the name: in Xcode you would change the name that will appear in the device, in iTunes connect the name that appears in the Apple Store.

Hope it helps you.
    Yes I got it to work. Thanks!