Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The appstore wait thread.

Replies

• swifter22swifter22 usaPosts: 92New Users @
    My update for my app took only 6 days and doesnt support apple watch. I guess I got lucky this time around.
  • TouchmintTouchmint Tempe, AZPosts: 823Registered Users @ @ @
    Today is day 16 waiting for review. This is getting crazy apple come on...
  • fouldscfouldsc Posts: 398Registered Users @ @
    I've had two 9 day waits and then weirdly last update took 1 day !
  • Swati PatelSwati Patel Posts: 3New Users Noob
    First app for me and first post for me. Took 7 days to get my approval. I am just waiting to see if they can switch the screenshots before making it available. For some reason they chose the one I included for iphone 4 as the main screenshot and I don't like it. Have asked if they can change to use the ones for iphone 6.
  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 643New Users @ @ @
    Had an update released today that took 8 days.
  • rebello95rebello95 Posts: 276Registered Users @ @
    Had 1 new app and 1 update approved today - both took 8 days. Once they went into review, they were approved within a couple hours. However, I have another update that went into review the day before yesterday, and has been sitting there since. Has this happened to anyone else?
    rebello95 wrote: »
    Had 1 new app and 1 update approved today - both took 8 days. Once they went into review, they were approved within a couple hours. However, I have another update that went into review the day before yesterday, and has been sitting there since. Has this happened to anyone else?

My last update went into review Friday night and didn't get approved till evening Sunday.
    edited May 2015
    CoDEFRo wrote: »
    My last update went into review Friday night and didn't get approved till evening Sunday.

So it took only two days?? I'm on my 9th day now waiting for an update.
    Post edited by Swati Patel on
    CoDEFRo wrote: »

So it took only two days?? I'm on my 9th day now waiting for an update.

No it took 8 days total, but 2 days from when it went to "in review".
    Oh I see. Well I had to make a critical bug fix on mine after my last update was approved, and they let me have an expedited review - it was approved in one day - really happy about that.

It's only a small app and not widely used so I wasn't sure if they would see it as critical as I did. I was told this was a once off though and shouldn't rely on it again. I will definitely be more thorough in my testing from now!
    My most recent was 10-11 days. The average of my last 7 or 8 updates is around 10 days.
  • lazymelazyme Posts: 37New Users @
    My latest update was approved in 10 days. Just went live a couple of days back. Guess everyone at Apple was busy with the WWDC.
  • sparksosparkso Posts: 542Registered Users @ @ @
    let's hope everything gets back on track after WWDC ffs
    I submitted a request for an expedited app review last night for a critical bug fix. I woke up this morning and noticed the app was already in review(about 9 hours later). In another 36 minutes, the app was approved and Pending Developer Release. Kudos to Apple!!
    lazyme wrote: »
    I submitted a request for an expedited app review last night for a critical bug fix. I woke up this morning and noticed the app was already in review(about 9 hours later). In another 36 minutes, the app was approved and Pending Developer Release. Kudos to Apple!!

They are good about expedited reviews. I recently submitted one and it went through the same day. Then I realized that in my update I had screwed something else up, so I submitted another one the next day and they pushed that one through.
  • swifter22swifter22 usaPosts: 92New Users @
    I sent an update for my app and it got accepted in 4 days, my new app is still waiting for review for 8 days now.
  • sunnywowsunnywow FloridaPosts: 3New Users Noob
    I'm guessing "Metadata Rejected" is treated like a binary rejection nowadays. Had a bad screenshot (dumb mistake), fixed and submitted for review (same binary, did not re-upload or anything), it's been 4+ days in "Waiting for Review", which my last review took 7. When looking at my log, there is no "Metadata Rejection" mentioned.

7/27 - Waiting for Review
    7/27 - Waiting for Submission
    7/27 - in Review
    7/20 - Waiting for Review

In the future I will make sure to dot my i's and cross my t's and meticulously make sure my metadata is up to date. Even so, the penalty for it is a little steep.
  • sunnywowsunnywow FloridaPosts: 3New Users Noob
    Like clockwork, 7 days later on 8/03 my app was approved for sale on the app store. In the future I'll try my best not to overlook things. I've read that the best way to handle metadata rejections is just responding to the resolution center, letting them know you fixed it. I'm not 100% sure if that is the case but, it's worth a gamble to save time.
  • rebello95rebello95 Posts: 276Registered Users @ @
    Apple seems to be having issues getting updates pushed to the App Store. I had 2 updates (one two days ago and one yesterday) approved and pending developer release.

The first one wasn't showing up on iTunes 28 hours after I released it. After a call to Apple Dev Support, they confirmed that their system has been having issues pushing updates, and had one of their engineers "manually deploy" it to the store. Shortly after, it appeared correctly.

The second update (approved late yesterday evening) appears to be having the same problem. Unfortunately, their dev support is closed on weekends for some unknown reason, so I guess the update will be in limbo until Monday... ridiculous.
    Had an update that took only 2 days. I noticed the average is finally down to 5 days again. Hopefully they can maintain that rate even after iOS9 is released.
  • adoregameradoregamer United KingdomPosts: 14New Users *
    We've submitted our app on Sept. 1 and it was accepted yesterday. Right as we were expecting. 10 days average.
  • weeareweeare UKPosts: 8New Users Noob
    7 days for me
  • HappyByteHappyByte Posts: 343New Users @ @
    In review today after 3 days since the submit. A new app. Is it normal?
    HappyByte wrote: »
    In review today after 3 days since the submit. A new app. Is it normal?

That's sooner than I would've expected. But with Apple, you never know! My 'old' app has been Waiting for Review more than 4 days now.
  • OddballOddball United StatesPosts: 118New Users @ @
    I had one the other day that went into review within 12 hours and then get approved a couple hours later. Insane.