Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My app got rejected because of this.....

swifter22swifter22 usaPosts: 92New Users @
Should I try to appeal it?

From Apple:

(I have no clue what the reviewer did to get this to happen. I dont even know how to artificially increase impressions. I use the same format for my ads in all of my apps and they got accepted except for this one)

7.1 - Apps that artificially increase the number of impressions or click-throughs of ads will be rejected
7.1 Details

(I use the same format for all my apps where the ads pop up after the game is over and its random so its not everytime.)

Your app includes functionality that may artificially generate ad click-throughs, which is not allowed on the App Store. Specifically, your app displays an ad immediately after you fail and user's almost every time tap on the ad which makes for a bad user experience.

(I use chartboost ads and facebook ads and they both have a button to dismiss the ads.)

Please revise your app to ensure that the user is not required to tap on ads.

Replies

• sparksosparkso Posts: 550Registered Users @ @ @
    are you having some delay between gameover and the display of the ad?
  • swifter22swifter22 usaPosts: 92New Users @
    sparkso wrote: »

No delay they pop up after the game is over.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,618New Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited February 2016
    swifter22 wrote: »

Just place a short time delay between game over and the ad. I've experienced what you are presenting in games, and it is not a pleasant experience. The reviewer has a point. The user is likely to press/touch the screen once the game is over. Placing an ad right when that happens is what the reviewer is complaining about.

Simple solution... add a short delay.
    dev666999 wrote: »

Just place a short time delay between game over and the ad. I've experienced what you are presenting in games, and it is not a pleasant experience. The reviewer has a point. The user is likely to press/touch the screen once the game is over. Placing an ad right when that happens is what the reviewer is complaining about.

Ill try the short delay but I was playing color switch and a game of war ad just popped up instantly when the game was over.

Ill try the short delay but I was playing color switch and a game of war ad just popped up instantly when the game was over.

It's the nature of the review process. Some reviewers are a little more lax, while others are anally retentive. Since you got stuck with the latter, it's best to make him/her happy.
  • sparksosparkso Posts: 550Registered Users @ @ @
    but in admob's point of view, delays are not desired. They think that delays actually causes more unintended clicks. They prefer when the game finishes, the interstitial pops up immediately. But if you really want a delay, they adviced you can provide a splash screen that warns the user an ad will be showing in x seconds.

Not sure if you use admob though.
  • dredre Posts: 1,349Registered Users @ @ @ @
    I think the best and the most fair solution would be showing some "game over" dialog box with score and stats. Then when the user taps the "close" or "ok", some full screen ad pops up. It's fair. If the game is simply paused, the user keeps tapping the screen and it's annoying. If the game pops up the dialog immediately and I'd accidently tap on it, I'd delete the game immediately. So you might actually make more money and retain your users longer if you do like most large and successful game developers do.. - make it fair for the user, don't try to trick him into clicking the ad.
    dre wrote: »
    I think the best and the most fair solution would be showing some "game over" dialog box with score and stats. Then when the user taps the "close" or "ok", some full screen ad pops up. It's fair. If the game is simply paused, the user keeps tapping the screen and it's annoying. If the game pops up the dialog immediately and I'd accidently tap on it, I'd delete the game immediately. So you might actually make more money and retain your users longer if you do like most large and successful game developers do.. - make it fair for the user, don't try to trick him into clicking the ad.

+1

• notnaknotnak GermanyPosts: 22New Users @
    You're all wrong. Make a simple "if" condition: if a month has passed, start showing aggressive ads.
    notnak wrote: »
    You're all wrong. Make a simple "if" condition: if a month has passed, start showing aggressive ads.

If you have ads in your app, and they don't show for the reviewer, the app will be rejected.

If you mean show time delayed ads for the first month so it passes review, and then go to aggressive ads, it will be a poor experience for the user, as noted before.

That "if" condition is very easy to figure out and if Apple catch some "contraband" like that they will swiftly remove your apps, terminate your account, and never let you register again. They've done that in the past. It doesn't take a genius to plant stuff like that in the app and doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
  • bellissimobellissimo Posts: 205Registered Users @ @
    edited February 2016

If you have ads in your app, and they don't show for the reviewer, the app will be rejected.

If you mean show time delayed ads for the first month so it passes review, and then go to aggressive ads, it will be a poor experience for the user, as noted before.

While I can see that they would want to ensure that the Advertising Id is being used for showing ads and not some other underhand reason, for apps that only show interstitials on a non aggressive basis (e.g. once every 5 game levels), it is quite possible that the tester will never see an ad appear. They should ask for the conditions in which adverts show upon upload of the binary if they are going to reject apps for this reason.
    edited February 2016
    dre wrote: »

That "if" condition is very easy to figure out and if Apple catch some "contraband" like that they will swiftly remove your apps, terminate your account, and never let you register again. They've done that in the past. It doesn't take a genius to plant stuff like that in the app and doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

How exactly would a reviewer know this, short of testing the app for more than a month? They are not going to reverse engineer and read the code so the only way this would become apparent is if a user reported it. Even so, I don't see how this would be against the submission guidelines unless the ads were showing unreasonably often.

edited February 2016
    bellissimo wrote: »
    How exactly would a reviewer know this, short of testing the app for more than a month? They are not going to reverse engineer and read the code so the only way this would become apparent is if a user reported it. Even so, I don't see how this would be against the submission guidelines unless the ads were showing unreasonably often.

You can change the date on the phone.... you know... Intentional contraband is a "no-no", they banned plenty of devs for that. It may happen if the app becomes popular and the contraband becomes obvious. The submission guidelines are for you, not for Apple; they can ban any developer they want to.
    Post edited by dre on
    Changing the date on the phone will not help if the delay is a usage one e.g. the app needs to be used a certain number of times or a certain amount of data needs to be entered.

Anyway I think we are talking about different things. I agree that an 'overly aggressive' ad strategy could get you banned however it is implemented, but I don't think that having a delay before showing ads in a reasonable manner will get you banned (why would it?). And I doubt that reviewers are told that they have to see ads appear in order for an app to pass review, though I am sure some of the more particular reviewers may interpret it this way.
    bellissimo wrote: »
    Changing the date on the phone will not help if the delay is a usage one e.g. the app needs to be used a certain number of times or a certain amount of data needs to be entered.

Anyway I think we are talking about different things. I agree that an 'overly aggressive' ad strategy could get you banned however it is implemented, but I don't think that having a delay before showing ads in a reasonable manner will get you banned (why would it?). And I doubt that reviewers are told that they have to see ads appear in order for an app to pass review, though I am sure some of the more particular reviewers may interpret it this way.

Their review team is a joke I submitted the same build that got rejected and it got accepted two days ago.