Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

App went into review super fast

mashercakesmashercakes Posts: 789Registered Users @ @ @
I submitted a new app to iTunes Connect on the 21st of April and after the usual few days wait it was rejected due to a bug I had missed. I ended up not only fixing that bug but also making several more improvements to the app, so I submitted an updated binary for review this evening. It went to 'Waiting for review' at 22:17 tonight, and I've just had an email at 23:11 saying that it is in review.

I haven't submitted to the store for a while now, so I'm just wondering whether it is standard practice now for resubmitted apps to go back into review quickly, or if there could be another reason why it went back into review less than an hour after submission!
<a href="http://itunes.apple.com/app/talkboard/id416436888?mt=8"; target="_blank">TalkBoard</a> - a communication aid and visual support app for children and adults with autism, communication difficulties or learning difficulties. Available now for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.

Replies

• mashercakesmashercakes Posts: 789Registered Users @ @ @
    Aaaand, at 00:04 it's just changed status to Ready for Sale. I can't believe it went from waiting for review to ready for sale in less than two hours. I would love to know why!!!
    <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/app/talkboard/id416436888?mt=8"; target="_blank">TalkBoard</a> - a communication aid and visual support app for children and adults with autism, communication difficulties or learning difficulties. Available now for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
  • ethanwaethanwa Orlando, FLPosts: 733Registered Users @ @ @
    I also have been getting super-fast reviews. One of my apps was also approved in under 3 hours the other day. I think Apple went through and cleared the queue really quickly last week.
  • sparksosparkso Posts: 550Registered Users @ @ @
    yeah appreviewtimes.com are all down .
  • mediaspreemediaspree FloridaPosts: 901Registered Users @ @ @
    There seems to be much more automation now. I doubt my apps see a real reviewer unless they are new. (or happen to be "audited")
  • RickSDKRickSDK Posts: 1,240Registered Users @ @ @ @
    for the past 2 weeks (at least) its been about 24 hours for the review process.
  • AbsentiaAbsentia Posts: 290Registered Users @ @
    mediaspree wrote: »
    There seems to be much more automation now. I doubt my apps see a real reviewer unless they are new. (or happen to be "audited")

Automation? How would they automate app reviews? I haven't been around these forums much for the last couple of years so maybe I'm out of the loop...

• swifter22swifter22 usaPosts: 92New Users @
    edited May 2016
    My app went into review after one day.
  • swifter22swifter22 usaPosts: 92New Users @
    I have a question about the app review. My app got rejected because the reviewer said on the ipad the app does not stay in landscape when the device is in portrait orientation. I dont understand that because in Xcode I set my device orientation to Landscape Left and Landscape Right only so there is no way the app could be set to portrait mode right?
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,618New Users @ @ @ @ @
    swifter22 wrote: »
    I have a question about the app review. My app got rejected because the reviewer said on the ipad the app does not stay in landscape when the device is in portrait orientation. I dont understand that because in Xcode I set my device orientation to Landscape Left and Landscape Right only so there is no way the app could be set to portrait mode right?

When you tested the app before submitting for review, did it lock to landscape even when in portrait mode?

That should give you the answer you need.

I had the same problem a year or so ago, and I wanted portrait only... no landscape. Setting it to portrait only solved the problem. But I checked its behavior before submitting for review.
  • sandeepiossandeepios Posts: 10New Users *
    After app rejection when I am submitting app after fix, its getting reviewed the next day always. Cool for devs
  • sparksosparkso Posts: 550Registered Users @ @ @
    looks like its app review times are going back up
  • anappdev2anappdev2 Posts: 104New Users @ @
    Same here. The review time has gone up again. :(
  • OddballOddball United StatesPosts: 118New Users @ @
    Submitted an app Sunday and it was reviewed and approved same day.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,618New Users @ @ @ @ @
    That's why your name is @Oddball

Lucky you ;)
  • RickSDKRickSDK Posts: 1,240Registered Users @ @ @ @
    i'm still seeing 24 hour review times. submitted 2 apps in past week. same for both.
  • OddballOddball United StatesPosts: 118New Users @ @
    Had another reviewed in 2 days. There was an article where Apple mentioned 90% of apps are being reviewed within 48 hours now.
  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 643New Users @ @ @
    I've had 9 apps updates all go through in either 1 or 2 days. Have to give credit where credit is due, this is an excellent change by Apple.