Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your conversion from 'Impression' to 'Product page view' to 'App Units' ?

As title says, what is your conversion from impressions to product page view to app units.

Here are my details of my most downloaded game.(rounded values)

Impressions = 170,000
Product page view = 7500
App Units = 2000

Share your details now.
Thanks.

Replies

• swifter22swifter22 usaPosts: 92New Users @
    My app DJ30:

Impressions = 130,000
    Product Page Views = 11,600
    App Units = 2500
  • apppicker.comapppicker.com Posts: 452Registered Users @ @
    This illustrates the importance of getting all stages of the funnel correct. Of course the apps are different but the numbers are useful as a comparison.

Rounded values has a CTR ( click through rate) of 4.4% whereas DJ30 gets a CTR of twice that at 8.9%.

Having attracted these visits, the comparable conversion rates are 26% for rounded values and 21.5% for DJ30. So it seems each of your apps do well only for 1 of the 2 steps involved but for different ones.

Improving the CTR rate can be done by better selection of App name and Icon. It's also possible that some keywords used in the app's meta data are not so relevant, causing higher impressions and displaying the app to the wrong audience. The most important element to me though is the star ratings.

Looking at DJ 30, I am very sure that the fairly high CTR is because of the icon ( I guess all DJ's would instantly recognize that as a twin deck turntable) and the embedded text description but estimate 75% of clicks are lost because of the current 3 star rating. The description is pretty good but the restriction to iOS 9.0 may reduce the conversion rate a little. These negatives are costing you downloads as you don't seem to rank well for the higher searched term of "dj". Conversions are at a good rate on visits but the 1st step needs work.

Applying your skills of Logic to analysis of where your users come from (attribution), which keywords give the best users (ASO) and constantly improving each step of the acquisition funnel.

apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.
    edited July 2016
    This illustrates the importance of getting all stages of the funnel correct. Of course the apps are different but the numbers are useful as a comparison.

Rounded values has a CTR ( click through rate) of 4.4% whereas DJ30 gets a CTR of twice that at 8.9%.

Having attracted these visits, the comparable conversion rates are 26% for rounded values and 21.5% for DJ30. So it seems each of your apps do well only for 1 of the 2 steps involved but for different ones.

Improving the CTR rate can be done by better selection of App name and Icon. It's also possible that some keywords used in the app's meta data are not so relevant, causing higher impressions and displaying the app to the wrong audience. The most important element to me though is the star ratings.

Looking at DJ 30, I am very sure that the fairly high CTR is because of the icon ( I guess all DJ's would instantly recognize that as a twin deck turntable) and the embedded text description but estimate 75% of clicks are lost because of the current 3 star rating. The description is pretty good but the restriction to iOS 9.0 may reduce the conversion rate a little. These negatives are costing you downloads as you don't seem to rank well for the higher searched term of "dj". Conversions are at a good rate on visits but the 1st step needs work.

Applying your skills of Logic to analysis of where your users come from (attribution), which keywords give the best users (ASO) and constantly improving each step of the acquisition funnel.

Im ranked number 3 in record screen but Im getting one star reviews because people think my app can record the screen outside the app. I received a one star review from another person and went through his review history and he puts the same negative review in almost all the apps hes reviewed. Also the reason its only for IOS 9.0 or above is because Im using replay-kit to record the screen and it doesn't work for devices lower than 9.0.
  • bhavinpanara22bhavinpanara22 Posts: 69New Users @

When I published my first version of the game, conversion rate from impression to product page view was around 1% only(on the first day apple gave me this impression report), then I hired someone & created new icon in a day & submitted an update with new icon & conversion rate went really high.

So, conclusion is, "ICON REALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE."
    swifter22 wrote: »

Im ranked number 3 in record screen but Im getting one star reviews because people think my app can record the screen outside the app. I received a one star review from another person and went through his review history and he puts the same negative review in almost all the apps hes reviewed. Also the reason its only for IOS 9.0 or above is because Im using replay-kit to record the screen and it doesn't work for devices lower than 9.0.

I see the dilemma. Difficult to legislate for the stupid. However, What does the "30" mean? It's a 30 second recording?

apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.
    edited July 2016
    swifter22 wrote: »

I see the dilemma. Difficult to legislate for the stupid. However, What does the "30" mean? It's a 30 second recording?

Yes it means 30 second recording but I added two new times in the new update, one is unlimited and 60 seconds. The default is 30 seconds.

• RodoxydRodoxyd FrancePosts: 14New Users *
    Here are mine for the last 30 days:

Impressions = 25,232
    Product page view = 1506
    App Units = 888

I guess I should try to do some marketing to raise the impressions, because conversion rate is not so bad.
    @Alifar Please write to the mods as this is your area of expertise I feel, after reading your other posts. Another thread is discussing why it's not so active anymore and this would be a reason.

@Rodoxyd Certainly your conversions are in fact very high. Analyzing what keywords are driving those downloads would give you more insights.

@Swifter22 I think the "30" means more to you than to a potential user. Of course it's obvious once the user has investigated more, but you need to capture as many passers by, so to speak, as you can and I would suggest a name change to better explain what the app does.
  • kbmmankbmman Posts: 8New Users Noob
    My numbers for a free app (with in-app purchases):

Impressions: 320,000
    Product Page Views: 39,000
    App Units: 41,000

I always wonder how 'App Units' can be higher than 'Product Page Views' - some must be downloading directly from search results, or ...?
  • RodoxydRodoxyd FrancePosts: 14New Users *
    @apppicker.com In fact, I think I have too few downloads for the conversion rate to be really meaningful.
    People who land to my product page are here because they are searching for this game. And because it's free, they get it.
    If I could have, let's say 10x more impressions, I'm pretty sure it would not result in 10x more App Units. (but I'd be glad to have 10x more impressions anyway ;-) )
  • freddyjose92freddyjose92 Posts: 2New Users Noob
    edited July 2016
    Hi to everyone,

This are the statistics for one of my apps.

Impressions: 36,000
    Page Views: 1,500
    App Units: 530

The App is Free.

@kbmman @swifter22 How you you get that high number of impressions? are you advertising or are they organic?

What do you guys recommend for me to increase the number of impressions?

Any help would be highly appreciated :smiley:

freddyjose92.
  • markofjohnsonmarkofjohnson California USAPosts: 133Registered Users @ @
    Conversion rate from impressions to app units is going to fluctuate quite a bit depending where you are on the app store. For example if you get a feature - see impressions way up and conversion rate dropping because app units increased but by a lower factor than impressions.

Product page views really hard to use because you can get impression->app unit directly without a page view. So measuring impressions->page views or page views->app unit is kind of pointless unless you've changed exactly 1 thing, (eg icon) and left your ASO alone.
    markj.net & focusedapps.com
    Hit Tennis & Super Txt
    edited July 2016
    Hi to everyone,

This are the statistics for one of my apps.

Impressions: 36,000
    Page Views: 1,500
    App Units: 530

The App is Free.

@kbmman @swifter22 How you you get that high number of impressions? are you advertising or are they organic?

What do you guys recommend for me to increase the number of impressions?

Any help would be highly appreciated :smiley:

freddyjose92.

Keywords is where I get most of my downloads from so I would try to find one that could get you in the top 10. Also make sure you have a solid app icon and screenshots. I advertised using ReelContent apps because it was free for two weeks but I only got a few clicks. You get 900 views for the two weeks. Heres the link if you want to give it a try: https://apps.reelcontent.com/site/
  • drpetedrpete RomaniaPosts: 4New Users Noob
    june: 654k impressions, 52k page views, 33k app units - free app
  • panzeritipanzeriti United StatesPosts: 769Registered Users @ @ @
    @kbmman @Alifar This is due to people downloading the app before actually viewing the app page.
  • kbmmankbmman Posts: 8New Users Noob
    Alifar wrote: »
    panzeriti wrote: »
    @kbmman @Alifar This is due to people downloading the app before actually viewing the app page.

Ah of course. But still I think it's strange. Probably a killer icon and app name. :wink:

Last November we made an update where we changed the first screenshot to contain a video. The numbers really changed at that time:

October 2015: Page Views: 21,000 App Units: 15,000 ~ conversion rate: 71 %
    December 2015: Page Views: 37,000 App Units: 36,000 ~ conversion rate: 97 %

It continued in 2016 and last month we were at 105%. The video probably made the difference - we didn't change icon or app name.
  • freddyjose92freddyjose92 Posts: 2New Users Noob
    Thanks for you help @swifter22 it's highly appreciated!

Good bless your work, Thumbs up!
    Freddy
  • voidzonevoidzone europePosts: 54Registered Users @
    Man, you iOS devs have it so good. I wish one could see conversion rates for Mac App Store pages/apps, too. :(
    rep_icns.png Miss Appviz 2? Try Suborbital Reports. App Store report aggregation and analytics for your Mac.