Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Apple record the Machine ID or Serial No of my Mac when I submit app to iTunes Connect?

raymngraymng Posts: 2,046Registered Users @ @ @ @
Does Apple record the Machine ID or Serial No of my Mac when I submit apps to iTunes Connect?

Thanks!!

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,613New Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited August 18
    I don't think so. They may be able to generically see what Apple computer model you're using. But you can spoof that if you want to fool them.

Why do you ask?

Are you using a Hackintosh?
  • sparksosparkso Posts: 542Registered Users @ @ @
    edited August 19
    he is probably uploading apps in different itunes accounts on the same computer
    edited August 19
    sparkso wrote: »
    he is probably uploading apps in different itunes accounts on the same computer

Good point. Then he should change his IP Address and clear out the Apple Cookie each time he uploads depending on ID.

or clear the IP Address and use different browsers for each.
  • iekeiiekei Posts: 594Registered Users @ @ @
    There's nothing wrong with using many different accounts, unless you're doing something shady. A contractor might submit apps for hundreds of their clients, all from one computer.
    iekei wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with using many different accounts, unless you're doing something shady. A contractor might submit apps for hundreds of their clients, all from one computer.

Yes, that is true, but for some reason... yet to be disclosed by the OP... he does not want Apple tracking him.

Hence his question.
  • iekeiiekei Posts: 594Registered Users @ @ @
    Maybe he's just asking for a friend.

or a friend of a friend.
  • sparksosparkso Posts: 542Registered Users @ @ @

dev666999 wrote: »

or a friend of a friend.