Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the name of that green app to check app rankings?

sparksosparkso Posts: 560Registered Users @ @ @
Can you guys remember the name of that green ball mac app that we all used to check our app rankings ?

• dobrydobry Posts: 302Registered Users @ @
    I maybe used that app years ago.
    You can use app Appstatics on iOS.
  • sparksosparkso Posts: 560Registered Users @ @ @
    i remember now, it's called Majicrank by
  • dobrydobry Posts: 302Registered Users @ @
    Yes, exactly. But that isn't working anymore since years.
  • sparksosparkso Posts: 560Registered Users @ @ @
    Yes, even the developer's app store apps are off the store now. I wonder what happpened to him.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,628New Users @ @ @ @ @
    I can tell you what happened. I used to tap the same iTunes URL as his app did. And display the results on an Excel spread sheet. Around 2013, Apple killed all the links to the store, and only allow you to tap the RSS feeds. The RSS feeds are much slower, so Majicrank shut down. He mentioned this on his website back then. I started to use the RSS feeds, downloading it using a Python script, save to a sql database, and display on Excel. Python lets me download every app store category and subcategory in about a minute. To get the links, just Google Apple RSS feeds. If you need all the category and subcategory numbers, let me know and I will list them. You have to modify the Apple RSS feeds for the correct category/subcategory numbers/codes.