Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some questions about admob and the App Store...

BooRabbitBooRabbit Posts: 11New Users *
So, I've finally admitted defeat and release free apps with admob. In the past, all my apps are paid apps, so I'm very new to this mobile ad thing.

admob:

1.) The app is using interstitial ad, no bannar. So do I get paid when the interstitial ad is just popping up and users closing it after a few seconds?

2.) What if the users click and it goes to the App Store, then the users just return without downloading from the App Store? Do I still get paid?

3.) Sometimes when I logged in to admob dashboard from their site, I see some earnings under "Today So Far", then on the same day I logged in, and see it resets to 0, then just a few cents like 0.12 or something like that. Why?

4.) So far I've just done iOS apps and get paid by Apple. I plan to do android apps in coming months as well. Will I get paid by Google with 2 payments from android earnings and admob earnings? Or will I get a single payment combining both android and admob earnings? (Since they both pay monthly and they belong to the same company, and I use the same google ID to sign up both accounts.)

Thanks.

Replies

• bellissimobellissimo Posts: 215Registered Users @ @
    edited March 28
    1) Probably, but the CPM will be heavily influenced by the number of clicks you get
    2) Generally the payout level is based on CPC, so yes
    3) The figures are being recalculated all the time depending on demand, supply, competition and so on
    4) A single payment. The important point is you get paid by AdMob, so always a single payment.
  • BooRabbitBooRabbit Posts: 11New Users *
    bellissimo wrote: »
    4) A single payment. The important point is you get paid by AdMob, so always a single payment.

Thank you.

Just to be clearified, so a single payment from Google combining both admob earnings and android play store earnings if both exceed the threshold?
  • tmongytmongy Posts: 99New Users @
    BooRabbit wrote: »
    Just to be clearified, so a single payment from Google combining both admob earnings and android play store earnings if both exceed the threshold?

Earnings from sales on the Play Store (Paid App Sales and In-app Purchases) are paid separately from Admob earnings. Admob earnings for both iOS and Android are combined into a single payment. So you would get two payments overall.

• bellissimobellissimo Posts: 215Registered Users @ @
    Oops read that wrong, missed the bit about Android earning. Yes, as above, separate payments for app earnings and ad earnings since two different accounts and agreements.