Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New developer needs help

GtownfanGtownfan Posts: 3New Users Noob
edited May 2012 in Ad Hoc Beta Testing
Hi

I am wondering if someone can help me or point me in the right direction.

I am having someone create an app for me. They just sent me the first beta of the app. They sent an ipa file and prior to sending they needed my UDID so I sent that to them. I then downloaded the ipa file and tried to install it through iTunes. I get the error message that it could not install.

Am I missing a step? Do I need to register my phone on the developer network or because he entered my UDID that works?

I am on a windows PC so not sure if there is anything on can do on the windows pc to get it to install or if I need a Mac. Any help is appreciated.

Brian
Post edited by Gtownfan on

Replies

• DomeleDomele Posts: 2,991Registered Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited February 2012
    You should point them to Testflight, it's a lot easier.
    If you are looking for a quality developer, I'm your man. Give me a PM if you are interested.<br />
    <br />
    New app - See screenshots and details at <a href="http://www.globaclock.com&quot; target="_blank">www.globaclock.com</a>.<br />
    <br />
    If you want to
  • dacapodacapo Posts: 199Registered Users @ @
    edited February 2012
    Gtownfan wrote: »
    Hi

I am wondering if someone can help me or point me in the right direction.

I am having someone create an app for me. They just sent me the first beta of the app. They sent an ipa file and prior to sending they needed my UDID so I sent that to them. I then downloaded the ipa file and tried to install it through iTunes. I get the error message that it could not install.

Am I missing a step? Do I need to register my phone on the developer network or because he entered my UDID that works?

I am on a windows PC so not sure if there is anything on can do on the windows pc to get it to install or if I need a Mac. Any help is appreciated.

Brian

You shouldn't need to do anything differently.

You could double check if the UDID was entered correctly.

Other than that, as long as they built the ad hoc build properly, you should be able to drag the ipa into your iTunes Library. Actually, they should have sent you a .mobileprovision file as well. Drag the two into your libray pane on the left side, and you should be good to go.

Edit: Your OP didn't mention a .mobileprovision file. Make sure you have that.
    Follow me on Twitter: <a href="http://twitter.com/#!/dacaposoft&quot; target="_blank">@dacaposoft&lt;/a>
  • appfansappfans Posts: 5New Users
    edited May 2012
    You could double check if the UDID was entered correctly.
  • ekhorkovekhorkov Posts: 4New Users
    Actually, to install Ad-Hoc build not only will you need ipa file, but also provision profile which is file with *.mobileprovision extension.
    Once you get *.ipa and *.mobileprovision, drag them over iTunes and you should be good.
    <a target="_blank" href="http://www.ipolecat.com">www.ipolecat.com</a>: iPhone development and iPad development