Advertise here




Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mobclix payments so late this month

chemistrychemistry Posts: 531Registered Users @ @ @
ADAM L are you guys doing anything about this?
Post edited by chemistry on
· ·
«13456745

Replies

  • dreamtankdreamtank Posts: 70New Users @
    edited June 2012
    Yeah i'm seriously worried about this... we're approaching 3 weeks of being late on payments. I rely on Mobclix for most of my income.

    I've heard they're waiting on ad networks to pay up but I'm starting to feel like something bigger is the problem.

    UGH.

    Anyone here have experience with burst.ly ? Or have suggestions to other networks? Mobclix seems to be fighting the classic problem of paying on time yet again.
    · ·
  • AdamLAdamL Posts: 227Registered Users
    edited June 2012
    dreamtank wrote: »
    Yeah i'm seriously worried about this... we're approaching 3 weeks of being late on payments. I rely on Mobclix for most of my income.

    I've heard they're waiting on ad networks to pay up but I'm starting to feel like something bigger is the problem.

    UGH.

    Anyone here have experience with burst.ly ? Or have suggestions to other networks? Mobclix seems to be fighting the classic problem of paying on time yet again.


    I'm pushing as hard as I can. We're having reconciliation issues with the networks and we can't pay until we get the dollars. It's not a new problem, we were floating the difference in the past but the market has killed us on our increasing receivables:

    Payments For May : Mobclix Support
    Never Mind Facebook, Here's Velti - Seeking Alpha
    Velti Off 26% on Q1 Metrics; ‘Growing Pains,’ Say Bulls - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

    I'm the first to admit this is a crummy excuse but any excuse is going to be crummy. I just want you to know the battles I'm fighting internally. It's coming, it's just late.
    -AL
    mobclix.com
    · ·
  • TunaNuggetTunaNugget Posts: 1,122Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited June 2012
    While you guys are working on the core business model, maybe tweeting about the parties is not so good.
    · ·
  • AdamLAdamL Posts: 227Registered Users
    edited June 2012
    TunaNugget wrote: »
    While you guys are working on the core business model, maybe tweeting about the parties is not so good.

    Duly noted. I agree completely,
    -AL
    mobclix.com
    · ·
  • thebothebo Posts: 37Registered Users @
    edited June 2012
    AdamL wrote: »
    I'm pushing as hard as I can. We're having reconciliation issues with the networks and we can't pay until we get the dollars. It's not a new problem, we were floating the difference in the past but the market has killed us on our increasing receivables:

    ...

    I'm the first to admit this is a crummy excuse but any excuse is going to be crummy. I just want you to know the battles I'm fighting internally. It's coming, it's just late.
    -AL

    It might also be nice to inform the developers about if they still have to pay a 10% or 8% advance payment fee, even if the money comes late.

    I think there is no right to deduct the advance payment fee if the money is late 15 to 30 days ... or even more.

    And a clear statement about a payment time frame should also be made.

    Like "60 days after months end" or "90 days after months end".

    A LOT of developers like myself really rely on the cash flow from the ads.
    If the money is not coming in, we need to find other cash resources OR remove Mobclix and add another ad network... :(
    · ·
  • rocotilosrocotilos Posts: 3,288iPhone Dev SDK Supporter, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited June 2012
    Uh... i just joined mobclix. I like seeing the numbers...
    but, if payment is late........... hmmmmm........................

    have u guys received it as of today?
    · ·
  • chemistrychemistry Posts: 531Registered Users @ @ @
    edited June 2012
    rocotilos wrote: »
    Uh... i just joined mobclix. I like seeing the numbers...
    but, if payment is late........... hmmmmm........................

    have u guys received it as of today?

    NEGATIVE

    but yeah, they are the best paying ad service for indie devs IMO
    · ·
  • AdamLAdamL Posts: 227Registered Users
    edited June 2012
    thebo wrote: »
    It might also be nice to inform the developers about if they still have to pay a 10% or 8% advance payment fee, even if the money comes late.

    I think there is no right to deduct the advance payment fee if the money is late 15 to 30 days ... or even more.

    And a clear statement about a payment time frame should also be made.

    Like "60 days after months end" or "90 days after months end".

    A LOT of developers like myself really rely on the cash flow from the ads.
    If the money is not coming in, we need to find other cash resources OR remove Mobclix and add another ad network... :(

    Hi guys -

    A lot of questions have been coming my way so I posted an open letter letting you guys know what's going on with the delays.

    As for advanced payments, I agree you shouldn't be paying a fee for a service not rendered and we are not charging for advanced payments until we get things back to the advertised terms. But before you rush off and switch your terms, keep in mind you're locked in for 6 months and the fees will kick in when we get payments back on track.

    I would like to re-iterate: this is not an indication of poor business health on the part of Velti/Mobclix. This is a reaction to a market demand from our investors about our growing receivables from the networks. They've demanded that we bring down that gap in coverage to continue investment in our company. The money is overdue but it will be paid in full. Analysts and our earnings agree that we're growing and our business is healthy and this is a growing pain.

    But I can't say it's an easy growing pain. For those of you who've been around for some time you'll know that we've worked hard to get this under control and it's frustrating to be back at the same problem. But I can assure you, for as long as I'm here I'll be fighting for the return to net 90 and keeping you all abreast of our progress.

    If you're uncomfortable with things, drop us a line. Retaining your trust is our #2 priority-- right after collecting from the networks. Please do let me know if you have questions: adam(at)mobclix.com
    mobclix.com
    · ·
  • MichaelTMichaelT Posts: 2New Users
    edited June 2012
    chemistry wrote: »
    ADAM L are you guys doing anything about this?

    Hi,

    We are taking steps to address the payment concerns. The problem stems from the ad networks not paying us in a timely manner so that we can provide the funds to our publishers.

    This posting provides additional information:

    Update: Payment Delay : Mobclix Support

    We'll update the developer dashboard as soon as we have additional information.

    Thanks
    · ·
  • chemistrychemistry Posts: 531Registered Users @ @ @
    edited June 2012
    and what's going on with your Revenue reporting page now? It's only showing revenue up to the 20th June.

    Yesterday I was still seeing the latest revenue....
    · ·
  • sifusansifusan Posts: 33New Users @
    edited June 2012
    There is also a bug in the "Invoices" tab of the dashboard.
    May invoice is listed as "Paid" on may, 31th while it should be "Not Paid".
    Mobclix support says not to worry about that and that we'll get informations as soon as possible.

    My revenue reporting seems to be up to date, it is showing fine.
    · ·
  • chemistrychemistry Posts: 531Registered Users @ @ @
    edited June 2012
    sifusan wrote: »
    There is also a bug in the "Invoices" tab of the dashboard.
    May invoice is listed as "Paid" on may, 31th while it should be "Not Paid".
    Mobclix support says not to worry about that and that we'll get informations as soon as possible.

    My revenue reporting seems to be up to date, it is showing fine.

    reporting seems fine now yes
    · ·
  • AdamLAdamL Posts: 227Registered Users
    edited June 2012
    chemistry wrote: »
    reporting seems fine now yes
    Reporting is up to speed now.

    Invoices are posted for May, payments are going out as soon as we can clear the funds on collection. This week looks good for a big chunk of incoming receivable revenue.
    mobclix.com
    · ·
  • sifusansifusan Posts: 33New Users @
    edited June 2012
    AdamL wrote: »
    Reporting is up to speed now.

    Invoices are posted for May, payments are going out as soon as we can clear the funds on collection. This week looks good for a big chunk of incoming receivable revenue.

    Hi Adam,
    Thx for the update, this is good news.
    · ·
  • MrMomoMrMomo Posts: 27New Users
    edited July 2012
    Adam L has resigned from Mobclix. I am looking into finding a new aggregation service to host ads on my apps. If anyone knows of a good, reliable company please let us know.
    · ·
  • chemistrychemistry Posts: 531Registered Users @ @ @
    edited July 2012
    MrMomo wrote: »
    Adam L has resigned from Mobclix. I am looking into finding a new aggregation service to host ads on my apps. If anyone knows of a good, reliable company please let us know.

    oh man... how did you know about this? emailed him?

    Adwhirl any good anyone?
    · ·
  • chemistrychemistry Posts: 531Registered Users @ @ @
    edited July 2012
    chemistry wrote: »
    oh man... how did you know about this? emailed him?

    Adwhirl any good anyone?

    just realized that adhwirl doesn't actually collect payments for you ....
    · ·
  • rocotilosrocotilos Posts: 3,288iPhone Dev SDK Supporter, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited July 2012
    Say what? Adam L resigned?

    So, does anybody received payments for this month yet?
    · ·
  • TunaNuggetTunaNugget Posts: 1,122Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited July 2012
    rocotilos wrote: »
    Say what? Adam L resigned?

    So, does anybody received payments for this month yet?

    Not me.
    · ·
  • elbinselbins Posts: 19New Users
    edited July 2012
    Neither me. Payments are now 2 months late.
    · ·
  • rocotilosrocotilos Posts: 3,288iPhone Dev SDK Supporter, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited July 2012
    TunaNugget wrote: »
    Not me.

    how about u bignoggin? u reading this?
    got ur payment yet?
    · ·
  • TunaNuggetTunaNugget Posts: 1,122Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited July 2012
    elbins wrote: »
    Neither me. Payments are now 2 months late.

    I did finally get a payment for May.
    · ·
  • elbinselbins Posts: 19New Users
    edited July 2012
    That's good to hear, hope I can say the same soon...
    · ·
  • chemistrychemistry Posts: 531Registered Users @ @ @
    edited July 2012
    TunaNugget wrote: »
    I did finally get a payment for May.

    When did you get them?
    Cheers
    · ·
  • TunaNuggetTunaNugget Posts: 1,122Registered Users @ @ @ @
    edited July 2012
    chemistry wrote: »
    When did you get them?
    Cheers

    Beginning of the month.
    · ·
«13456745
Sign In or Register to comment.