Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expedited app review and new features

Hey guys,

I have one question regarding the expedited review. We've done a few in the past. Right now we found a critical bug in our app making it almost unusable. But at the same time we've worked hard on the next update which has tons of new features. We decided to submit this version along with bug fixes. Will it affect Apple's decision? I mean, will they think that we try to get new features to the App Store with the new version of the app instead of fixing a bug?

Thanks, any help will be much appreciated.

Replies

• scottwbscottwb Posts: 778New Users @ @ @
    iPodlip said:

Hey guys,

I have one question regarding the expedited review. We've done a few in the past. Right now we found a critical bug in our app making it almost unusable. But at the same time we've worked hard on the next update which has tons of new features. We decided to submit this version along with bug fixes. Will it affect Apple's decision? I mean, will they think that we try to get new features to the App Store with the new version of the app instead of fixing a bug?

Thanks, any help will be much appreciated.

I would be suprised if they let you have more than a couple of expedited reviews? Especially as the review process at the moment is pretty quick 5-6 days. Might take you 2 days just to get a decision.

• iPodlipiPodlip Posts: 6New Users Noob
    I read somewhere on this forum that other developers had like 4 expedited reviews in just 6 months, so I hope everything will be fine. But still, what do you think Apple will do if we add new features as well apart from fixing bugs?
  • scottwbscottwb Posts: 778New Users @ @ @
    iPodlip said:

I read somewhere on this forum that other developers had like 4 expedited reviews in just 6 months, so I hope everything will be fine. But still, what do you think Apple will do if we add new features as well apart from fixing bugs?

I'm not sure how Apple will view this. Either way they will review the whole of the app. Whether they spot the new stuff, I doubt it.
    TBH four expedited reviews in 6 months is pushing it a bit. I think i've had one in 4 years.

Try for the expedited review and see how it goes, it's like using up a 'life' and there may come a time when you really need Apple to push through a critical fix, too many and they might say no.