Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Completely redesigned the apps , Can i update it or AppStore will reject ?

tringiotringio Posts: 26New Users @
I have a game in AppStore that i completely redesigned it and i removed the iAP as i am going to making it completely free and monetize it using the Ads.

It has new graphics, new animation, removed gamecenter , added a new icon, but same game play/concept, if i submit it , do u think AppStore will reject because i removed some of the old features and they might think for those who purchased IAP will loose and now it's free with ADS will the users get angry ?

Replies

• scottwbscottwb Posts: 952New Users @ @ @
    Yeah, it's a problem we faced as well with our NeoDefender and Invaders games. We actually launched them as brand new games so we didn't make the existing paid users angry.
  • tringiotringio Posts: 26New Users @
    scottwb said:

Yeah, it's a problem we faced as well with our NeoDefender and Invaders games. We actually launched them as brand new games so we didn't make the existing paid users angry.

but i wanted to keep the same name. How did u get past that ?

• tringiotringio Posts: 26New Users @
    scottwb said:

Apart from users getting angry will Apple's AppStore reject it or they are ok ?

• baja_yubaja_yu San FranciscoPosts: 6,215Moderators, Registered Users Admin
    I don't think you'll have problems with Apple's review. As for the users, it depends on what the features are. You may also want to think of a way to recognize the users that purchased IAP and remove ads for them.
  • RickSDKRickSDK Posts: 1,236Registered Users @ @ @ @
    that apple review folks are not going to care about your past customers and they are not going to sit down and play both versions side by side to determine if the new game modes might piss off old customers.

they will review your new binary and see if it passes all their tests. They don't care, at the point, what your old binary included.
  • scottwbscottwb Posts: 952New Users @ @ @
    tringio said:

scottwb said:

but i wanted to keep the same name. How did u get past that ?

Just rename it and add something like 'deluxe', 'hd' etc