Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to Buy Soft Music for my App??

raymngraymng Posts: 2,046Registered Users @ @ @ @
Hi, I want to buy some soft musics for playing in my app, I may also sell them as In-App-Purchase package.
So where can I buy those sell-able musics?

Thanks!!

Replies

• raymngraymng Posts: 2,046Registered Users @ @ @ @
    Anybody know??
  • htappshtapps Posts: 105New Users @ @
    what is your budget? i write music
    htapps said:

what is your budget? i write music

Not much, maybe $200 for five musics. I think I may not afford to hire a composer.. usually how much is needed for one 1-2mins music?
  • scottwbscottwb Posts: 952New Users @ @ @
    Actually music is usually about $40 for 2 minutes - 5 tracks would be within your budget, HOWEVER, for that price you wont get the ability to re-sell.
  • appreneurappreneur Posts: 91New Users @
    I use Pond5 for sound-effects. Not sure if the site is helpful to you or not.
    scottwb said:

Actually music is usually about $40 for 2 minutes - 5 tracks would be within your budget, HOWEVER, for that price you wont get the ability to re-sell.

Where to buy them? Can I sell it as IAP (background music only, not downloadable as music file) ?
    Thanks.
  • lake3soundlake3sound Posts: 2New Users
    edited March 2013
    raymng said:

scottwb said:

Where to buy them? Can I sell it as IAP (background music only, not downloadable as music file) ?
    Thanks.
    Hey Raymng,

There are a few places you can get stock music (and sfx) that will give you the license you need for distribution with your app - check out AudioJungle, pond5 (as mentioned), iStockAudio, and Revostock. Each of the sites has slightly different pricing and licensing options so make sure you check closely to ensure that you're buying the license that you need for what you're trying to do...

-Patrick
    Post edited by Rhade on
    edited March 2013

raymng said:

scottwb said:

Thanks.
    Hey Raymng,

There are a few places you can get stock music (and sfx) that will give you the license you need for distribution with your app - check out AudioJungle, pond5 (as mentioned), iStockAudio, and Revostock. Each of the sites has slightly different pricing and licensing options so make sure you check closely to ensure that you're buying the license that you need for what you're trying to do...

-Patrick
    Can I sell it as IAP (background music only, not downloadable as music file) ??
    Thanks!!
    Post edited by Rhade on
  • CowlinnCowlinn Posts: 358Registered Users @ @
  • lake3soundlake3sound Posts: 2New Users
    edited March 2013
    You'll definitely want the extended license, but that does get a little grey because you're selling the music specifically, but only to then make it a part of a larger piece of work (as background music for your app). I think if you're not offering the ability to remove the music from the app in any way you might be ok, but I would take a close look at what the license states to make sure you're in the clear. You could always post this question over at the AudioJungle forums - I'm sure someone there will be able to clear everything up for you at least in terms of the AudioJungle license... and if that license doesn't allow it take a closer look at pond5, iStock, and RevoStock - their licenses are all a little different and one of them should be a good fit...
    Post edited by Rhade on
  • ArliArli moscowPosts: 1New Users Noob
    If you are looking for music for your film or video, see here. http://audioluck.com