Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about Revenue?

Wilbor9Wilbor9 BrazilPosts: 34New Users @
I am developing an application and would like to know what the average monthly income for an application with ads + IAP, as downloads on average I need a day to earn $ 100 per day? is difficult to reach the mark of $ 100 per day?

Replies

• smashingsmashing Posts: 290Registered Users @ @
    No. It is not difficult to reach $100 a day, but I would recommend making $1000 a day instead as it is more money. And more money gives you more options.
    Time Calculator+ the best time calculator in the world.
  • Arty TalesArty Tales Posts: 419Registered Users @ @
    It may not be difficult to reach $100 a day, but it's by no means easy either...
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,594New Users @ @ @ @ @
    If you have to ask the question, then no, you will have a hard time making $100 per day per app.

Most apps these days... can make that in the first 3 days... after that... No.

You'll need something special to keep it on the charts.

It was much easier a year ago, and even easier two years ago.

These days?

Far too many apps screaming "download me"... and not being heard.
  • rocotilosrocotilos Posts: 3,295iPhone Dev SDK Supporter, Registered Users @ @ @ @ @
  • GamesEntertainUsGamesEntertainUs Posts: 5New Users
    smashing said:

No. It is not difficult to reach $100 a day, but I would recommend making $1000 a day instead as it is more money. And more money gives you more options.

Why stop at $1000 a day though? I would recommend going for $10000 a day.

• dcooldcool Posts: 294Registered Users @ @
    If you can create 100 app a day, then you can make $100 a day for sure.
  • Wilbor9Wilbor9 BrazilPosts: 34New Users @
    Hum, thanks to the users who really understood the reason for the topic and answered my main question, how much the app generate average per day? Daily downloads how I would need to achieve the goal of $ 100 per day?
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,594New Users @ @ @ @ @
    95% of the developers do not make $100 per day consistently.

And that is with multiple apps.

And to get it from one app alone, is even harder.

I'll say it again... if you have to ask this question, you are very far from making that kind of money, if ever.

• Wilbor9Wilbor9 BrazilPosts: 34New Users @
    dev666999 said:

95% of the developers do not make $100 per day consistently.

And that is with multiple apps.

And to get it from one app alone, is even harder.

I'll say it again... if you have to ask this question, you are very far from making that kind of money, if ever.

You can say how much you make average with one app?
  • lgehrig1lgehrig1 Posts: 395Registered Users @ @
    Wilbor,

If you assume a $0.99 IAP, then you need a minimum of 102 purchases per day for your $100 / day level. If you priced your IAP at $99, though, you would only need 2 ... but you'd probably decide you're okay with just 1.

See how that works?

Do you know how frequently users will actually be using the app? How compelling is your IAP? Are they going to be in your app long enough that you can actually get a fill from the ad network? Have you put prototypes in front of real human beings and watched them monkey with your app? Heck - does you app solve a big enough problem that enough people are willing to buy it? And, if it does solve a sufficient problem, is your app better than the competition? And even if it solves problems better than anyone else, does your competition include some big name who will divert attention away from you?

As dev666999 suggests, most of the low hanging fruit has been picked. There is still plenty of money available, of course, but you have to work a lot harder than you did a couple of years ago. I'd spend some money or time making sure you have a viable app first, and seeing how hard it is to find a user who would hand you a dollar, right now, for that app.

Put up a website. Proclaim your idea to the world. Collect email addresses from folks who want to be notified when your app is available. Give screenshots, mock ups, etc. Run a contest to become a "beta-tester" (you can ad-hoc distribute to the dozen or so winners). Record some audio of you and your team (if you don't have a team, pull some friends in to pretend to be your team!) talking about the app. If you can't generate interest - you'll never reach $100 / day.
  • TouchmintTouchmint Tempe, AZPosts: 822Registered Users @ @ @
    Ive had a few of my apps make $100 in a day but its pretty hard for sure.
  • AbsentiaAbsentia Posts: 290Registered Users @ @
    $100 a day from ads isn't so impossible as long as you find the right niche and implement your ads effectively.

I personally wouldn't even try to make $100 from sales or IAPs. That is much harder