Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playing a skill game on real money

I'm designing an iPhone app that allows entering a tournament and playing a 100% skill game with a chance to win a daily real money prize (player with the best score wins).

This is what I've managed to figure out from Apple guidelines :

1. Apple doesn't allow the use of IAP for apps involving playing for real money
2. Apple forbids the use of alternative payment methods within the app or even loading an external web page to accept payments.

How can I resolve this conflict?

Thanks.

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,558 @ @ @ @ @
    ????????????????????????

You know the Apple rules.

Port it to Android. ;)
  • JonPMJonPM Posts: 159 @ @
    Read the Android guidelines, I don't think it's allowed there either.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,558 @ @ @ @ @
    I was being sarcastic.

• panzeritipanzeriti United StatesPosts: 769 @ @ @
    So, you have to buy in to win? Isn't that gambling? Nothing wrong with gambling, just saying.
  • tcgtcg JapanPosts: 22 @
    Don't make a native app, then there will be no rules to follow.
  • CDugCDug Posts: 2 Noob
    Have the users purchase their credits from an external website outside of the app, and don't load said website from the app.
  • owenbowenb AustraliaPosts: 0 Noob
    Hmmm, interesting. I My app is somewhat similar, it is a secret sound competition called Listen 2 Win. If you guess the secret sound you win the cash prize. For users to submit a guess they have to have 'guess credits' which they purchase via IAP or some can be earned for free. I had no issues getting the app approved.

I remember a few years ago an app called BubbleWrap i think where you had to pop as many bubbles in 1 minute and each month the top scorer won a cash prize.