Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My app update rejected even though they approved it before Christmas

dondada1dondada1 LAPosts: 3New Users Noob
hello everyone I have a question

I got my app approved with no problem, but iAd was not working right so I resubmit a update to fix the problem. They told me now they don't like the name of my app. I made sure there was no trademark issues but they said it still might confuse the customer still. So I change what I could and they reject it again. so now I have to change all the art work and name and resubmit. I never launch the app yet. Should I just reject the build in the app store and upload a complete new build with a new build ID? So I might get a new reviewer & not the same old one that keep rejecting it?

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,604New Users @ @ @ @ @
    You should have released your first version. Then you wouldn't be having this problem as the first version would still be live in the app store.

As for your question... you can roll the dice I guess. Live and die by the sword. ;)
  • dondada1dondada1 LAPosts: 3New Users Noob
    the first version is still in the appstore.. but I will still be in this position when I have to update the app in the future
    dev666999 wrote: »
    You should have released your first version. Then you wouldn't be having this problem as the first version would still be live in the app store.

As for your question... you can roll the dice I guess. Live and die by the sword. ;)
  • RickSDKRickSDK Posts: 1,240Registered Users @ @ @ @
    try appealing and make your strongest arguements and see what they say. If its a borderline case you might have some luck.
  • dondada1dondada1 LAPosts: 3New Users Noob
    how long do all that take? I needed to launch this app like yesterday.
    RickSDK wrote: »
    try appealing and make your strongest arguements and see what they say. If its a borderline case you might have some luck.
  • jrustonappsjrustonapps Posts: 96New Users @
    I had a similar problem where Apple rejected me due to the name of the app, and wanted me to change it because it might mislead customers.

After a few re-submits they accepted it - the problem was I'd encounter this every time I wanted to release an update. Rejection after rejection until I eventually got a nice reviewer who approved it.

In the end I decided to just change the name like they wanted and now I get approved every time (much simpler, but I really didn't want to change the name). You can't really win with those people.