Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FX Converter App just getting 5 downloads a day...

certainancertainan sgPosts: 5New Users Noob
App just getting 5 downloads a day...What's wrong? Please help.

I thought I had a great fx converter application..:(

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/fx-converter/id786183988?mt=8

Would humbly appreciate any inputs.

Thanks.

Replies

• jrustonappsjrustonapps Posts: 96New Users @
    You really need to work on the design a bit - by looking at the screenshots I probably wouldn't download it either. It doesn't look like it was designed for iOS at all.

(And I'm not just saying that because I have a competing app that does a similar thing ;))
  • maurrubiomaurrubio Posts: 41New Users @
    If you want to succeed you should develop something unique. There are tons of apps that will do the same thing and they are better looking/have more features than yours, why you I choose the one you made?
  • supergsuperg Posts: 58Registered Users @
    As said already your app is ugly and there are lots of apps that are doing exactly the same. This is because your app is trivial to implement. For next app pick some better idea. If you don't have any then it's better to quit this business.
  • certainancertainan sgPosts: 5New Users Noob
    Thank you guys. Ouch that hurts! But I get it. Basically better idea, better design.

Hmmm, so how do you get better ideas search the top charts? Or really a eureka idea?
  • maurrubiomaurrubio Posts: 41New Users @
    edited January 2014
    certainan wrote: »
    Thank you guys. Ouch that hurts! But I get it. Basically better idea, better design.

Hmmm, so how do you get better ideas search the top charts? Or really a eureka idea?

When I talk to people about the app business I always say that the way to succeed is to bring a knowledge that you have that's not related with apps and transform it in a way that it will allow people to do something great, better if they can't do at the moment, using your app.

Looking for top chars or copying the idea of other people is not the way to go, I bet that the chances of success doing this approach are very small.
  • fouldscfouldsc Posts: 398Registered Users @ @
    wow amazed that made it through review looking like that.

If you stumped for idea why not use that app as practice to get your design unto scratch
  • HollanceHollance Posts: 59Registered Users @
    Out of curiosity, what tool did you make this with?
  • RickSDKRickSDK Posts: 1,237Registered Users @ @ @ @
    1) Your logo looks kinda cheezy and not professional enough. You need a unique logo specific to your app.

2) Your description is awful. tons of spelling and grammer mistakes. I assume english is not your first language. And no selling points mentioned as to why this app would be better than all the others out there.

3) Your screen shots are very gray and boring. Need more pizzaz in your layout design.

4) If I was you I would not include screen shots that show iAds in them

5) Skip the screen that has the facebook/twitter. That doesn't really add anything to your app.
  • RickSDKRickSDK Posts: 1,237Registered Users @ @ @ @
    one other thing, your iphone version appears to have only 2 screen shots, and neither of them really adds any value to your app.