Advertise here




Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many ad impressions and clicks will it take to make $100/day?

ethanwaethanwa Orlando, FLPosts: 719Registered Users @ @ @
I'm thinking about converting my paid app into a free one with ads (and then a one-time in-app purchase to turn off the ads).

How many impressions and clicks (at 0-1% CTR) would I need to make $100/day?

Just looking for rough estimates. Thanks!
Tagged:

Replies

  • RickSDKRickSDK Posts: 1,236Registered Users @ @ @ @
    well i'm not an ad expert, but if you have a $5 eCPM rate, it would take about 20,000 impressions to reach $100.
  • TunaNuggetTunaNugget Posts: 1,123Registered Users @ @ @ @
    What are you going on about? You've had bunches of ad-supported apps.
  • RickSDKRickSDK Posts: 1,236Registered Users @ @ @ @
    who me? I dabbled with ads but have since removed them from all my apps. I think on my best day I made 4 cents.
  • TunaNuggetTunaNugget Posts: 1,123Registered Users @ @ @ @
    No, not you, ethanwa. He's been around since the beginning. If he's asking to share data, he could provide some.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,547New Users @ @ @ @ @
    TunaNugget wrote: »
    No, not you, ethanwa. He's been around since the beginning. If he's asking to share data, he could provide some.

    LOL... yeah, ethanwa goes back to the prehistoric days of the app store.
  • PikPokPikPok Posts: 370New Users @ @
    ethanwa wrote: »
    I'm thinking about converting my paid app into a free one with ads (and then a one-time in-app purchase to turn off the ads).

    How many impressions and clicks (at 0-1% CTR) would I need to make $100/day?

    Just looking for rough estimates. Thanks!

    Assuming a $1.50-$2.50 eCPM, you'd need between 40k-67k impressions per day to generate ~$100 in revenue.

    A CTR of below 1% probably isn't going to result in great eCPMs though.
    <div align="center"><a href="http://www.pikpok.com"; target="_blank">PikPok</a> - steal a moment! </div><br />
    Games: <a href="http://pikpok.com/games/supermamc/"; target="_blank">Super Monsters Ate My Condo</a> | <a href="http://pikpok.com/games/intothedead/"; target="_blank">Into the Dead</a> | <a href="http://pikpok.com/games/football/"; target="_blank">Flick Kick Football</a>
  • wsidellwsidell Posts: 73Registered Users @
    I have served millions of ad impressions per day, here are some realistic numbers:

    Banner Ads: $0.10-$0.50 eCPM, lets say you average $0.25 eCPM
    400,000 impressions per day = $100

    Interstitial Ads: $1.5 -$3 eCPM, lets say you average $2 eCPM
    50,000 impressions per day = $100
  • ethanwaethanwa Orlando, FLPosts: 719Registered Users @ @ @
    TunaNugget wrote: »
    What are you going on about? You've had bunches of ad-supported apps.

    Thanks for the info. I haven't had ads in my apps in years, that is why I am asking now.
Sign In or Register to comment.