Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Admob or iAd?

BaksaiAppsBaksaiApps ChilePosts: 23New Users @
Hey guys, we are android developers who are looking for extra sources of revenue, so we are porting a couple free apps to IOS. We use Admob to monetize our android apps and it has worked well so far. But we do not know much about admob´s performance on IOS and surfing through web i found people saying that the best approach is to mediate between both, with iAD as first priority considering its high eCPM but low fill rate.
What would you recommend, admob or iAD? or does it worth to set up a mediation?

Thank you
Tagged:

Replies

• mediaspreemediaspree FloridaPosts: 901Registered Users @ @ @
    Check out mopub.com You can VERY simply mediate between iAd, admob, and other networks. Its a no brainer to do it. If one dosen't have inventory to fill it will fall back to the next priority. You can run your own ads as well. Pretty nice interface too. I swear I don't work for them. Just have a really good experience with their platform :)
  • AceMobAceMob Posts: 339New Users @ @
    edited April 2014
    mediaspree wrote: »
    Check out mopub.com You can VERY simply mediate between iAd, admob, and other networks. Its a no brainer to do it. If one dosen't have inventory to fill it will fall back to the next priority. You can run your own ads as well. Pretty nice interface too. I swear I don't work for them. Just have a really good experience with their platform :)

So you just implement there SDK in place of your current ads and then use the dashboard to switch in between them? How does it handle the different networks, do you need to provide login info or anything? Confused how it handles all that but seriously considering implementing this now. Also mopub also has their own ads? Are they decent?
  • panzeritipanzeriti United StatesPosts: 769Registered Users @ @ @
    Is mopub another mobclix, or do you sign up for each network?
  • anappdevanappdev Posts: 69New Users @
    I have implemented both iAD and admob. The countries where iAD is not available app shows Admob ads. iAD ecpm were much better. BTW I am just using Banner ads.

Tried admob mediation but was not happy with that.
    With admob mediation (and correct ecpm priorities for specific countries), I observed that iAD was fill rate was pathetic (40-50%). Anyone else has faced same?
  • chemistrychemistry Posts: 534Registered Users @ @ @
    panzeriti wrote: »
    Is mopub another mobclix, or do you sign up for each network?

mopub is the deal. not like moblix. you sign up individual ones and it somehow has server codes which means you don't need to install other sdks .
  • anappdevanappdev Posts: 69New Users @
    Don't you have to sign up for individual ones to get paid? :-?
    (Assuming you meant that we don't have to integrate individual SDK of each network)
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,015Registered Users @ @ @ @
    mediaspree wrote: »

What is the ecpm after you added mopub as mediation?
    Thanks.
  • KennicKennic Posts: 84New Users @
    javaexp wrote: »
    @BaksaiApps, for banner ads, use iAd for USA, UK and admob in rest of world.
    For inters, use chartboost+applovin.
    Never depend on 1 ad network for any kind of ads.

how to detect users are in US/UK or other countries?
  • fouldscfouldsc Posts: 398Registered Users @ @
    if you use admob mediation for your banner then you can setup geo
  • tallPetetallPete AUPosts: 18New Users *
    @javaexp Have you coded your own mediator for banners or do you use admob mediator or similar? What mediator do you use if you do? Cheers.