Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apple is having a big cleanup by removing user reviews

AlifarAlifar NetherlandsPosts: 502Registered Users @ @ @
Has anyone noticed this already?

Some of my user reviews are removed by Apple, and these were normal reviews without any review exchange. It seems that Apple is doing a big cleanup because I heard from some people they experienced the same the last couple of days.
Post edited by Alifar on
· ·

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 2,893New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Apple did the same about a years ago. It was either a cleanup, or a nasty server glitch. We lost over half of our reviews. They were all legit. And most of them never came back.

Sucks. :(
    · ·
  • astersdoastersdo UKPosts: 394New Users @ @
    Yep I've lost a load too.
    · ·
  • AlifarAlifar NetherlandsPosts: 502Registered Users @ @ @
    dev666999 wrote: »
    Apple did the same about a years ago. It was either a cleanup, or a nasty server glitch. We lost over half of our reviews. They were all legit. And most of them never came back.

Sucks. :(

Yep, I think it's a cleanup because they are smart enough not remove the less popular reviews from 3 stars or less.

Sucks indeed :(
    · ·
    I know some developers that were buying 50-100 reviews and ratings... all 5 star at one time. It was pretty obvious. I'll have to check their apps and see if there will be a drastic reduction there. If not, then Apple is really screwed up.
    · ·
  • panzeritipanzeriti United StatesPosts: 756Registered Users @ @ @
    I had a bunch of my reviews nuked also, as well as my single personal account review for each app(which we are allowed to do). None of the reviews were purchased.

They probably have some algo in place to determine which reviews are legit and which are not, or hopefully just a glitch. Sucks anyhow.
    · ·
  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 410New Users @ @
    For me I noticed reviews that I wrote for myself on my developer account and bumped were removed.
    · ·
  • hogie1418hogie1418 Posts: 24New Users @
    hmmm.... I have not lost any from my apps. Hopefully it will stay that way.
    · ·
  • billykbillyk Posts: 103New Users @ @
    One of my app have around 100 before and now I only have ~30..... :(
    · ·
  • Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 156Registered Users @ @
    I lost about 30%, what happened there Apple, but yea buying reviews is unbelievably wrong. Honest reviews are always best because they can tell me if my game sucks and I know what to change :)
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Science Fiction Quiz
    · ·
  • TouchmintTouchmint Tempe, AZPosts: 809Registered Users @ @ @
    I wonder if they are removing reviews from people that no longer have the app on their device. I would actually be totally for this.
    · ·
  • hogie1418hogie1418 Posts: 24New Users @
    edited May 2014
    Touchmint wrote: »
    I wonder if they are removing reviews from people that no longer have the app on their device. I would actually be totally for this.

That would eliminate most bad reviews since those who dislike an app most likely would not keep it on their device. So I doubt that would be the case. Very strange.
    Post edited by hogie1418 on
    · ·
  • sinhahumayunsinhahumayun DhakaPosts: 209New Users @ @
    Yeah, they nuked me too. The sad part is, they have attacked my good apps, top 100, top 200 apps in entertainment and utilities. They didn't touch the apps with low downloads. Either apple is just playing nasty, or they are just cracking on mid size indies again :/ I have checked a few apps of the big guys, and as lame and fake as their reviews are, Apple haven't touched them. I wonder what crazy algorithm they use that can make the differentiation between the whales and others :(
    · ·
  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 410New Users @ @
    I have exchanged reviews with developers in the past and during the crack down the only thing apple removed was the reviews I wrote for myself that I bumped. However, now when I'm trying to write someone a review, it's not saving it. I wonder if they took away my ability to do this or suspended me?
    · ·
  • chemistrychemistry Posts: 532Registered Users @ @ @
    check out reviews on appannie, you will find more reviews there from all over the world because they store the history, you will see how many reviews got removed. you will be suprised.
    · ·
  • JanJerellJanJerell PhilippinesPosts: 3New Users Noob
    to those affected, did it affect you ranking?
    · ·
  • iosandwiniosandwin MumbaiPosts: 374New Users @ @
    why is chemistry banned?
    · ·
  • RudyRudy Posts: 1,779Registered Users @ @ @ @
    iosandwin wrote: »
    why is chemistry banned?

Not sure, but it also looks like the mod Rhade was banned too? Weird :/
    · ·
    edited July 2014
    Rudy wrote: »
    iosandwin wrote: »
    why is chemistry banned?

Not sure, but it also looks like the mod Rhade was banned too? Weird :/

Rhade wasn't banned. I brought up that question some time ago. He's retired from moderating.

http://iphonedevsdk.com/forum/site-news-announcements/117524-forum-moderators.html#latest

As for Chemistry, don't know. Same with a few other popular posters here.
    Post edited by dev666999 on
    · ·
  • RudyRudy Posts: 1,779Registered Users @ @ @ @
    dev666999 wrote: »

Rhade wasn't banned. I brought up that question some time ago. He's retired from moderating.

http://iphonedevsdk.com/forum/site-news-announcements/117524-forum-moderators.html#latest

As for Chemistry, don't know. Same with a few other popular posters here.
    Interesting, thanks for pointing it out. I rarely roam outside this sub forum :P
    · ·
  • raymngraymng Posts: 1,871Registered Users @ @ @ @
    I was safe last time, but it is my turn now, near 90% of reviews disappeared.. anyone contacted Apple about this before?
    I am not sure should I argue with them. :(
    · ·
  • TouchmintTouchmint Tempe, AZPosts: 809Registered Users @ @ @
    @raymng were they illegal reviews? If they were why would you argue? If they weren't why wouldn't you?
    · ·