Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google search in iPad app

erikdudeerikdude NorwayPosts: 41New Users @
Hi there!

I'm about to release my app and one of its smaller features allows the user to do a quick google search using google.com search URL in a UIWebView. Is this ok to do it or is it likely that it will be removed from the app store then?

I plan to first publish my app for free and then sell it on apptopia hopefully for a profit

Thanks for help!

Erik

Replies

• joseph102joseph102 Posts: 4New Users Noob
    I built similar app using apphinge ( https://apphinge.com ) .I have not submit app to app store yet. so i cnt say anything.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,604New Users @ @ @ @ @
    It should be OK, but the app will be rated 17+

You need to checkmark the question "YES" where it asks in the metadata... "Does your app allow web access...".
  • erikdudeerikdude NorwayPosts: 41New Users @
    dev666999 wrote: »
    It should be OK, but the app will be rated 17+

You need to checkmark the question "YES" where it asks in the metadata... "Does your app allow web access...".

Check that when I submit it?

I plan on selling this app on Apptopia afterwards - should I try? The feature isn't a big part of the app, but it makes the experience a lot better and more fluid
    It will most likely be rejected. Of course you may get a reviewer who takes a looser/sloppier approach, and not notice it, but that's a gamble.

If the app does not get tested... meaning they only open it to see if it does not crash, you may be able to get it through. Posters on this board have mentioned that their apps were given only a cursory 5 minute review.

I would check mark the box. But I understand your reasons for not wanting to.

There is no set answer, as you're rolling the dice. ;)
  • erikdudeerikdude NorwayPosts: 41New Users @
    It will most likely be rejected. Of course you may get a reviewer who takes a looser/sloppier approach, and not notice it, but that's a gamble.

If the app does not get tested... meaning they only open it to see if it does not crash, you may be able to get it through. Posters on this board have mentioned that their apps were given only a cursory 5 minute review.

Hmm, but the absolute worst-case-scenario would be that the app gets rejected?

the search helps the user out A LOT, it got certified under the windows phone store review.

Setting the age for 17+ limits a lot of pupils which is a big slice of the target cake.
    erikdude wrote: »

Hmm, but the absolute worst-case-scenario would be that the app gets rejected?

the search helps the user out A LOT, it got certified under the windows phone store review.

Setting the age for 17+ limits a lot of pupils which is a big slice of the target cake.

Yes, rejection is the absolute worst case scenario. You can then use the resolution center, or do an appeal, or resubmit.

Windows isn't Apple. Apple has their own set of rules. The Windows certification means nothing to Apple.