Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

App Rejected 3.1: Apps or metadata that mentions the name of any other mobile platform will be rejec

ManeshManesh UKPosts: 3New Users Noob
After waiting 10 days of "waiting for review", my application received a rejection due to the reason
"3.1: Apps or metadata that mentions the name of any other mobile platform will be rejected"

(see below) The first (3.3.12) I didn't really understand, as I have tested my application on the simulator, and also on 2 devices. I've deleted the code from AdMob in my application, deleted the frame works and tried again and it seems to run fine, so I will give that a few more tests.

But the 2nd issue (3.1) was related to one of the adverts advertising "Build Andriod Applications". How am I supposed to tackle any incoming Android adverts?

This was the note below:
PLA 3.3.12

We found your app uses the iOS Advertising Identifier but does not include ad functionality. This does not comply with the terms of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, section 3.3.12 of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement states:

"You and Your Applications (and any third party with whom you have contracted to serve advertising) may use the Advertising Identifier, and any information obtained through the use of the Advertising Identifier, only for the purpose of serving advertising. If a user resets the Advertising Identifier, then You agree not to combine, correlate, link or otherwise associate, either directly or indirectly, the prior Advertising Identifier and any derived information with the reset Advertising Identifier."

Note: iAd does not use the AdSupport framework, ASIdentifierManager, or the Advertising Identifier. Therefore they are not required for iAd implementations and should not be included in your app for iAd support.

If your app is serving ads, please:

Ensure that you have tested your app on a device, not just the simulator, and that you have removed all previous versions of your app prior to testing

Provide us the steps to locate ads in your app

If your app does not serve ads, please check your code - including any third-party libraries - to remove any instances of:

class: ASIdentifierManager selector: advertisingIdentifier framework: AdSupport.framework

If you are planning to incorporate ads in a future version, please remove the Advertising Identifier from your app until you have included ad functionality.

To help locate the Advertising Identifier, use the “nm” tool. For information on the “nm” tool, please see the nm man page.

If you do not have access to the libraries' source, you may be able to search the compiled binary using the "strings" or "otool" command line tools. The "strings" tool lists the methods that the library calls, and "otool -ov" will list the Objective-C class structures and their defined methods. These techniques can help you narrow down where the problematic code resides.

We also found that your app and/or its metadata contains inappropriate or irrelevant platform information, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, the iAd contains information on Android development.

Please see the screenshot for reference.

Providing future platform compatibility plans, or other general platform references, is not appropriate in the context of the App Store. It would be appropriate to remove this information.

If your iTunes Connect Application State is Rejected, a new binary will be required. Make the desired metadata changes when you upload the new binary.

If your iTunes Connect Application State is Metadata Rejected, we do NOT require a new binary. In iTunes Connect > Manage Your Applications, select your app and click View Details.

Click Edit in the Metadata section
Revise the desired metadata values
Click "Save" at the bottom of the screen
Once you click Save, you will see the "Submit New Metadata" button in the top right. Click "Submit New Metadata"
NOTE: Please be sure to make any metadata changes to all App Localizations by clicking the Edit button next to each localization. Screenshot_0.png