Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Essay Writing Service App

incomplincompl Posts: 3New Users Noob
So, I have decided to create an app that allows you to pay a certain number of "credits" (100 credits = $1) and get a custom hand-written essay. I have a team of writers at a top university that is willing to write the essays. The person would fill out a form of sorts, in which they specify the # of pages, topic, when they need the essay by, etc. They would also include their email address, and, after the essay is completely written, it is sent to their email. We would check for plagiarism before emailing the essays. Do you think Apple would have any sort of problem accepting an app like this? Like, I'm worried about it getting rejected because I know apple doesn't allow inapp purchases for real items, but your not really paying for a real item, but for credits.

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,567New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Hmmm... I wonder if Apple would have a problem with you selling term papers to those too lazy to write them. More of an ethical question... but still...
  • incomplincompl Posts: 3New Users Noob
    I mean there are a good amount of essay writing services on the internet, so I thought that having it as an app wouldn't be much of an ethical issue...
  • ZhenyaZhenya Posts: 127New Users @ @
    Are there any benefits of having this as an app? You can just build it as a web site and avoid Apple's walled gardens all together.
    I assume your model shouldn't have a problem with Apple since there are services like TaskRabbit with mobile apps in the store. Not sure if they use in-apps though.
  • incomplincompl Posts: 3New Users Noob
    I figured that having it as an app would make it easier to get exposure. I think it would be more convenient, but you know, it's just a guess. Do you think having a built-in store instead of in-app purchases would be easier? Would I still have to pay the 30% cut to apple?
    incompl wrote: »
    I mean there are a good amount of essay writing services on the internet, so I thought that having it as an app wouldn't be much of an ethical issue...

That argument is absurd. ;)
    edited July 2014
    I figured that having it as an app would make it easier to get exposure. I think it would be more convenient, but you know, it's just a guess. Do you think having a built-in store instead of in-app purchases would be easier? Would I still have to pay the 30% cut to apple?

Apple wants their 30% cut. If you do it as an IAP, there's really no way around that. And that's the only way that you can offer the service. Apple does not allow a built-in store, like Amazon.

• ZhenyaZhenya Posts: 127New Users @ @
    I doubt you can get much exposure on App Store these days. I would start with building a mobile optimized web site with some simple payment options (like Stripe or BrainTree). Then you can do targeted marketing on web.
    Don't know about built-in store. Take a look at the TaskRabbit app. Very similar to your model, so you can probably use the same approach.
  • chuckc192000chuckc192000 FloridaPosts: 387New Users @ @
    Regardless of the ethics involved, I don't even think students would need essays written frequently enough to warrant having a dedicated app to order them.
  • freelancer77freelancer77 the worldPosts: 101New Users @ @
    you can't sell things outside of the app using IAP, you will need to use paypal or some other payment service
  • iSpreadNewsiSpreadNews Posts: 359Registered Users @ @
    Last week we've promoted an iOS app for our clients - the app that allowed to order homework of any kind to be done.

So apparently Apple allows such kind of apps.
    iSpreadNews.com - VERY CHEAP (from $50) way to send your iPhone/iPad app announcement to hundreds of blog & news sites owners over the globe.

Just remember that there other countries besides US!