Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't find my app?

I've been away for a couple months, so I'm not up-to-date with all the AppStore changes, but it seems I cannot find my app in AppStore anymore. I usually just type in the first words of its title into the AppStore search bar, but nothing comes up now. The direct link to my app works ok, it's just not appearing in the search results.

Has Apple changed the search results, so only apps in the top 100+ show up, and the rest are ignored?

I tried typing in a single search keyword, and I only get 2 pages of search results. Previously, I would have gotten like 20 pages. Why are my search results being filtered so drastically?

Replies

• marktwomarktwo Posts: 57New Users @
    Anybody? Why are my AppStore searches being limited?
    This did not happen before.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,582New Users @ @ @ @ @
    The app store has been pretty much screwed up for some time now. Here's my latest...

http://iphonedevsdk.com/forum/business-legal-app-store/120593-itunes-botches-new-releases-again.html#latest

And this is not the first time this has happened.

Either Apple is too lazy to program their servers correctly, or they just can't keep up with the demands of the App Store.

Ebay, evidently has the same problem...Too much activity, not enough servers to handle it all. So, you get rolling blackouts...

Not saying Apple is doing this... but it would not surprise me, given the current state of affairs.

And yet... Apple makes money hand over fist.

With the developer... fisted.
    Your problem may be that you're using search words that are too common. So, many developers are already using those words. Without a ton of downloads, you will not rank for those keywords. Apple lately has been limiting the number of search results... so that when you get to the bottom of the page, it will say...

Less relevant items are not displayed. To narrow your results, use more specific search terms.
    edited November 2014
    I'm typing in the full title of my app. It's not showing up.

It's not because I'm using common keywords. The search itself is being limited to the top ranking 100 or so apps,
    as far as I can tell.

My app has been in the AppStore for 3 years now, and this is the first time this has ever happened to me. I could always find it. It didn't matter what rank it had.

You should be able to search for the top ranking 100 apps, as well as the bottom ranking 100 apps. All of them should show up. So, what's up Apple?
  • chuckc192000chuckc192000 FloridaPosts: 387New Users @ @
    It's not limited by App Store ranking. I have an app that's currently not in the top 100 of its category (although it frequently is) and it shows up #1 for certain combinations of keywords. So your app's exclusion is probably based on some other factor.
    marktwo wrote: »
    I'm typing in the full title of my app. It's not showing up.

It's not because I'm using common keywords. The search itself is being limited to the top ranking 100 or so apps,
    as far as I can tell.

My app has been in the AppStore for 3 years now, and this is the first time this has ever happened to me. I could always find it. It didn't matter what rank it had.

You should be able to search for the top ranking 100 apps, as well as the bottom ranking 100 apps. All of them should show up. So, what's up Apple?

Like I said... it's probably a bug. Same thing happened a year or so ago. We couldn't decide if this was Apple's new policy, or a bad bug.

When you searched for your app by name, you would get everything but your app... and if it did show, it would be far down the line in results. You were basically buried by a bunch of irrelevant apps that had your partial app name as a keyword.

Well, it's working again for me. All apps are now searchable, so it must have been a Thanksgiving Day bug.
    It's almost as if someone turned off the alternative search server, and I could only search for top 100 apps.

I hope it doesn't happen again around Christmas. December is always the best month for selling apps. :)