Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to get more downloads for iPad?

sinhahumayunsinhahumayun DhakaPosts: 209New Users @ @
So the question is pretty self-explanatory. We have a number of apps which do moderate to well. Although the holiday season has chopped our downloads in less than half, but usually we have steady downloads. But most of our downloads are from iPhones, and never had much luck with iPad users. All the apps are universal and are not device specific, should be useful to users of iPad as well.

Would like to increase iPad downloads steadily, any suggestions? What can be done?

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,547New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Not the answer you want to hear. Don't do universal apps. Do separate iPhone and iPad, and price them accordingly.

I know... there are two camps on this. With both sides believing each is better. I've done them separately and also as universal apps. The separate method works better, at least for me. Universal did not give me the boost, some here mention.
  • iekeiiekei Posts: 546Registered Users @ @ @
    Looking at my stats for this month, it seems like my paid universal apps get roughly half as many downloads from iPads as from iPhones.
  • chuckc192000chuckc192000 FloridaPosts: 385New Users @ @
    iekei wrote: »
    Looking at my stats for this month, it seems like my paid universal apps get roughly half as many downloads from iPads as from iPhones.

Since twice as many iPhones have been sold as iPads, that's probably not too bad.
    Sales made to iPod touch devices were made to probably less than their market share. It's not really worth it to compare the number of app sales to the number of device sales for me, but my guess is that iPod touch users stick to free apps anyway.
  • sinhahumayunsinhahumayun DhakaPosts: 209New Users @ @
    I don't mind doing separate apps for both devices, but it gets increasingly difficult to manage two separate apps. I wonder if its worth developing for iPad. Even if I make separate iPad version, it doesn't seem like the earnings will be significantly large, considering the downloads.
    One advantage of separate iPad apps is that you can price them differently. Whether it's worth doing that or not, I don't know.