Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone got a review from this username in the UK appstore "The Bank of America"?

swifter22swifter22 usaPosts: 91New Users @
He reviewed both of my apps and left me 1 star. I feel like he is doing it on purpose. Has anyone else gotten a review from this guy? He wrote in my new app "I expected nothing and was still disappointed." I just have a gut feeling this guy is doing this on purpose.

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,554New Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited July 2015
    swifter22 wrote: »
    He reviewed both of my apps and left me 1 star. I feel like he is doing it on purpose. Has anyone else gotten a review from this guy? He wrote in my new app "I expected nothing and was still disappointed." I just have a gut feeling this guy is doing this on purpose.

Go to iTunes on your computer. Find the review. Now click on his Screen ID and see all the reviews he has left since he created that account.

If it is just one review, most likely it is a slam job.

If he has a bunch of reviews, take a look and see what sort of reviews he's left for others.

Good luck.
  • swifter22swifter22 usaPosts: 91New Users @
    dev666999 wrote: »

Go to iTunes on your computer. Find the review. Now click on his Screen ID and see all the reviews he has left since he created that account.

If it is just one review, most likely it is a slam job.

If he has a bunch of reviews, take a look and see what sort of reviews he's left for others.

Good luck.

I don't think I can look at his review because its in the UK AppStore.
    okay I got it to work. He has a lot of reviews but most of them are one star. The whole entire first page is filled with one star reviews.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,554New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Then he's just a curmudgeon. An *shole who has nothing better to do than slam apps. He needs to get laid. ;)
  • apppicker.comapppicker.com Posts: 452Registered Users @ @
    okay I got it to work. He has a lot of reviews but most of them are one star. The whole entire first page is filled with one star reviews.

That's disgusting behavior. Surely someone at Apple can help?

apppicker.com top 10 App review site where developers can post videos, place promo codes and announce apps on sale and gone free.

That's disgusting behavior. Surely someone at Apple can help?

I reported both reviews he gave me but I don't know if Apple could remove them.
  • bellissimobellissimo Posts: 172Registered Users @ @
    I don't really see why Apple would remove the reviews if they are genuine feedback from a real person, however annoying it may be to you. Sadly some people are just unreasonable idiots who think nothing of anonymously trashing other people's work if it does not behave exactly as they expect it to (e.g. making their tea, wiping their arse, doing the laundry and other 'basic' features which are to be expected from any self-respecting app).

Luckily these people are in the minority. I probably get an email once a month from someone like this who is absolutely fuming about a missing 'essential' feature (often nothing to do with the main purpose of the app) which no-one else has ever requested or commented on. Trying to reason with these people is pointless. Last time I got into one of these 'conversations' I was told: 'stop trying to help me'. When people get annoyed when you try to be reasonable and helpful, despite their extreme rudeness and flawed logic, you know you are on to a lost cause :)

These people are even worse than the 'blackmail' reviewers (e.g. if you don't implement this 'pointless and unnecessary for everyone else but me' feature, then I will have no choice but to give you a 1-star review).
  • dinglefacedingleface Posts: 167New Users @ @
    Apple claims that they will investigate fraudulent reviews reported via itunesconnect and remove any reviews they determine are fraudulent, but I have yet to see them take any action against even the most obvious cases. It's better to play the rules as they are enforced rather than as they are written until Apple shows any signs of giving a damn.