Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A free app to current customers on the app store?

johnyeahjohnyeah FairfaxPosts: 1New Users Noob
We are working on an app for iPhone and iPad that makes a few components of a more comprehensive web application for students a little more convenient. The web application would already be licensed to schools and login requires a username and password since it keeps a record of the students’ progress. We were going to have the app require a login using the same credentials. We are not charging the students, so there are no in-app payments, and it is not anything that we would be charging extra for to any current or future customers. I don’t think that the restriction to students already registered in the system is arbitrary (2.22) and since there is no additional cost associated with the app to our licensees I don’t think that 11.2 should apply nor should logging in count as unlocking additional functionality (11.1). At least that is what I can get from the guidelines. Please advise whether this would be blocked based on anything above.