Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free app & sell ownership or paid app

erikdudeerikdude NorwayPosts: 41 @
Hi!

I've made a new iOS 8 app, but I'm really unsure whether or not I should make it free, get as much downloads as possible and try to sell it on Flippa.com, fliptopia or similar, or if I should make it a paid app right away.

What do you think?

The app is a utility app for tracking workhours, and enables a few neat features whereas the app can, for instance, do this 100% automatically and in the background. I've got it on the App Store now, but I've got very few downloads - but there's an update on it's way and I'll enable a recently approved Facebook app install campaign once the new version goes live.

Thanks!

Replies

• CowlinnCowlinn Posts: 358 @ @
    Can you provide a link to your app
    Take a look at my book: $100,000 on the AppStore
  • erikdudeerikdude NorwayPosts: 41 @
    edited August 2015
    Cowlinn wrote: »

Yes, here it is:
    itunes.apple.com/us/app/workplus/id982783997?mt=8

Also pushing out an update as I wrote with design changes and overall improvements - it's waiting for review now
  • CowlinnCowlinn Posts: 358 @ @
    erikdude wrote: »

Yes, here it is:

Also pushing out an update as I wrote with design changes and overall improvements - it's waiting for review now

How much would you want for the app?
    Take a look at my book: $100,000 on the AppStore
    edited August 2015

Yes, here it is:

How much would you want for the app?

For the whole ownership?
    Post edited by erikdude on
  • panzeritipanzeriti United StatesPosts: 769 @ @ @
    You might be able to get somewhere by making it free, adding ads and doing ASO.

Cool idea BTW, and the design looks solid. Best of luck.
    panzeriti wrote: »
    You might be able to get somewhere by making it free, adding ads and doing ASO.

Cool idea BTW, and the design looks solid. Best of luck.

Yeah, indeed. I just wanted to avoid ads as the UI gets so reduced by it. It's a really hard decision.

Thanks a lot for your kind words, really appreciate it!
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,558 @ @ @ @ @
    Interesting app... but who is Helene Condrup?

Copyright is Erik Mathisen.

edited August 2015
    dev666999 wrote: »

Thank you! Thing is that I'm only 17, and I'm not allowed to have my own developer account before I turn 18, so I have to publish it under another name. But I (Erik) am the developer.

Thank you! Thing is that I'm only 17, and I'm not allowed to have my own developer account before I turn 18, so I have to publish it under another name. But I (Erik) am the developer.

I suspected it might be your mom, and that you are underage. At least per Apple. ;)

We should all be so lucky to have started so young. Good luck to you and your endeavors. :)
    edited August 2015

I suspected it might be your mom, and that you are underage. At least per Apple. ;)

We should all be so lucky to have started so young. Good luck to you and your endeavors. :)

Indeed it is ;) Thank you! May I ask how old you are? Do you have any apps?
    Post edited by erikdude on

I am in my 50's, have about 90 apps in the store, and have been doing it since 2009. It has been one helluva ride.

I am in my 50's, have about 90 apps in the store, and have been doing it since 2009. It has been one helluva ride.

Wow, that's quite a few! How did app development turn out for you? Are you doing it as a hobby?