Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is anyone's Chartboost eCPM low right now?

I have been stuck at 0$ for the past three days.
Tagged:

Replies

• raymngraymng Posts: 2,046Registered Users @ @ @ @
    It seems to be lower in these few days, but not close to zero anyway...
    It goes down heavily... what's wrong?
  • swifter22swifter22 usaPosts: 92New Users @
    Finally got something Yesterday it was at a $24.00 eCPM.
  • OddballOddball United StatesPosts: 118New Users @ @
    What are you numbers like? impressions, income, etc. Sounds like you dont get many impressions so no income or some income drastically changes CPM
    ecpm is little better, but still low compared to Sep.. is it normal before peak season?
    Oddball wrote: »
    What are you numbers like? impressions, income, etc. Sounds like you dont get many impressions so no income or some income drastically changes CPM

Dropped over 50% recently..
    Why nobody interested in this thread? I thought many devs should be using Chartboost.. or no one else got the same ecpm fell? Please tell me!

:(
    raymng wrote: »

Why nobody interested in this thread? I thought many devs should be using Chartboost.. or no one else got the same ecpm fell? Please tell me!

Why is nobody interested in this thread? Dude, you just quoted my post and didn't answer my questions. "Dropped over 50% lately.." Wtf kind of answer is that? I was trying to help but you're just looking for a magical answer to solve your problems. Honestly, if you really care you would have contacted Chartboost by now. And from my experience, they will contact you and work with you to help pretty quickly.

I haven't had any major decrease in my CPM other than the normal fluctuation. I've been talking with someone at CB lately and my CPM is right where it should be, sometime much higher.
  • macanacasmacanacas Posts: 85Registered Users @
    I'm actually seeing less CPM in CB, not recently or overnight but it's been decreasing on the last months, compared to last year, this same month I was getting double CPM or more. Overall I'm seeing Ads making less money, and unfortunately for me less downloads, guess it's just market saturation :(
    Facebook ads are so much better, even if I get only one or two impressions I still get an eCPM of 5.00 or more.
    macanacas wrote: »
    I'm actually seeing less CPM in CB, not recently or overnight but it's been decreasing on the last months, compared to last year, this same month I was getting double CPM or more. Overall I'm seeing Ads making less money, and unfortunately for me less downloads, guess it's just market saturation :(

It's hard to compare CB numbers to this time last year, that was when Age of War or whatever was paying $20/install. I just checked and my MTD CPM is $5.77, same period last year was $8.19.
    edited October 2015

Why is nobody interested in this thread? Dude, you just quoted my post and didn't answer my questions. "Dropped over 50% lately.." Wtf kind of answer is that? I was trying to help but you're just looking for a magical answer to solve your problems. Honestly, if you really care you would have contacted Chartboost by now. And from my experience, they will contact you and work with you to help pretty quickly.

I haven't had any major decrease in my CPM other than the normal fluctuation. I've been talking with someone at CB lately and my CPM is right where it should be, sometime much higher.

Hi, actually I don't want to disclose those number to the public, so I didn't mention that. The impression number is not too small and that is not the issue anyway..

I did email chartboost two times, but no reply so far... bad service.
    How did you contact them before? I really want they can look into my case, ecpm just drop down without any reasons..

Thank you.

How is your ecpm compared to 1-2 months ago? Thanks.

Hi, actually I don't want to disclose those number to the public, so I didn't mention that. The impression number is not too small and that is not the issue anyway..

How did you contact them before? I really want they can look into my case, ecpm just drop down without any reasons..

Thank you.

The first time was a long time ago, I think I just emailed they via the bizdev email on their contact page. The 2nd time someone at CB emailed me to setup a phone call to talk more. We are still going back and forth to work on some tweaks.

Thank you.

The first time was a long time ago, I think I just emailed they via the bizdev email on their contact page. The 2nd time someone at CB emailed me to setup a phone call to talk more. We are still going back and forth to work on some tweaks.

The email is bizdev@chartboost.com? I would send an email to this address.
    Are you a big account, so they would spend time to tweak your apps?
    How is your ecpm compared to 1-2 months ago? Thanks

it's starting to be half.. :(
    sadly, I think it's time to look for other options..

@swifter22 I just integrated facebook ads to an app, interested to see how they perform, is there a way to get real ads and not test ads ?, or only after app goes live ?, thanks..
    How is your ecpm compared to 1-2 months ago? Thanks

it's starting to be half.. :(
    sadly, I think it's time to look for other options..

@swifter22 I just integrated facebook ads to an app, interested to see how they perform, is there a way to get real ads and not test ads ?, or only after app goes live ?, thanks..

Did you send Chartboost email? I sent them few times but still no response, too bad.
    FBAdSettings.addTestDevice("3ssfsdgdh5egsdgsd") @raymng You probably have this code in your app you should comment it out or delete it to receive live ads.
  • HappyByteHappyByte Posts: 343New Users @ @
    For us last months eCPM on Chartboost is so rediculously low, so I'm removing it from the mediation completely.

Looking into start I can not believe that on same traffic and in the same game a usual outsider AdMob is now better in x5-x8 times.

Reaching support didn't help anything.

Any optimization settings didn't work.

So, it looks like either is something broken there or they just "shaving" - stats vote for the second, as I can't belived that thousands of impressions and hundreds of click with good percentages are so much worse then in AdMob.
  • KneyghtKneyght Posts: 4New Users Noob
    Hi folks,

Nate from Chartboost here. Sorry to hear that you're having difficulty optimizing your campaigns. To reiterate a point from the earlier portion of the thread - wild swings in eCPM are typically seen when you have relatively low numbers of impressions/clicks delivered. Campaigns with clicks <10,000 seldom have statistically significant data to optimize from, so unfortunately there is a bit of a chicken and egg situation until you have enough volume.

However, there are still some things you can implement to improve your performance, and our team at bizdev [at] chartboost.com are happy to help you. Feel free to cc me (nate [at] chartboost.com) and include a link to this thread so that we ensure someone gets back to you.

Additionally, it always helps to include your log-in email address for Chartboost so we have a bit more context from the outset.

Cheers,
    Nate
    Kneyght wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Nate from Chartboost here. Sorry to hear that you're having difficulty optimizing your campaigns. To reiterate a point from the earlier portion of the thread - wild swings in eCPM are typically seen when you have relatively low numbers of impressions/clicks delivered. Campaigns with clicks <10,000 seldom have statistically significant data to optimize from, so unfortunately there is a bit of a chicken and egg situation until you have enough volume.

However, there are still some things you can implement to improve your performance, and our team at bizdev [at] chartboost.com are happy to help you. Feel free to cc me (nate [at] chartboost.com) and include a link to this thread so that we ensure someone gets back to you.

Additionally, it always helps to include your log-in email address for Chartboost so we have a bit more context from the outset.

Cheers,
    Nate

Hi Nate, welcome!!
    Happy to see CB's reply here.
  • HappyByteHappyByte Posts: 343New Users @ @
    Nate,

The drop started since end of Jun or middle Summer and then eCPM has again significantly decreased exactly since this topic was created - from Oct 11-12.

the same app:
    May:
    ~9% CTR, ~7$ eCPM, IR 4%
    Oct-Nov (last 30 days):
    ~9% CTR, ~2$ eCPM, IR <2%

You may tell that a bigger user base shows better results, so I computed a per user install rate ( installs in network / our app installs * 100% ):
    May: 1.66%
    Nov: 0.55%

That's almost same about millions of users, millions of impressions and hundred thousands of clicks and across several accounts.

Both AdMob and iAd are around $5 (almost 5 or slighly bigger) eCPM on same app in Nov/May.

I thought it might be related to iOS 9, but it was released officially 10 days since your eCPM has dropped in Oct.

How would you explain all the above?

My thoughts are around a combination of:
    - loss of advertisers/budgets
    - adopting support of install attribution
    - advertizer side fraud

BTW migrating videos with your eCPM also doesn't seem an option. Our and our friends video eCPM was around $7 on CB. Compare it to $12-$20 eCPM in some other networks.

That's very sad - as you was one of the best networks around.
    Agree with @HappyByte
    In summary, Chartboost is underperforming, on the other hand, iAd and Admob are performing good, iAd earnings have doubled since around 1 month.
  • tomgood887tomgood887 Posts: 126New Users @ @
    HappyByte wrote: »
    Nate,

The drop started since end of Jun or middle Summer and then eCPM has again significantly decreased exactly since this topic was created - from Oct 11-12.

the same app:
    May:
    ~9% CTR, ~7$ eCPM, IR 4%
    Oct-Nov (last 30 days):
    ~9% CTR, ~2$ eCPM, IR <2%

You may tell that a bigger user base shows better results, so I computed a per user install rate ( installs in network / our app installs * 100% ):
    May: 1.66%
    Nov: 0.55%

That's almost same about millions of users, millions of impressions and hundred thousands of clicks and across several accounts.

Both AdMob and iAd are around $5 (almost 5 or slighly bigger) eCPM on same app in Nov/May.

I thought it might be related to iOS 9, but it was released officially 10 days since your eCPM has dropped in Oct.

How would you explain all the above?

My thoughts are around a combination of:
    - loss of advertisers/budgets
    - adopting support of install attribution
    - advertizer side fraud

BTW migrating videos with your eCPM also doesn't seem an option. Our and our friends video eCPM was around $7 on CB. Compare it to $12-$20 eCPM in some other networks.

That's very sad - as you was one of the best networks around.
    could you PM me what's the other video alternative.
  • tomgood887tomgood887 Posts: 126New Users @ @
    Agree with @HappyByte
    In summary, Chartboost is underperforming, on the other hand, iAd and Admob are performing good, iAd earnings have doubled since around 1 month.

Agree, here is my case:
    My new game online at July, and the first two months revenue of cb is 100-200$/d
    But latterly it suddenly drop to 10-20$/d.
    In the same time, the active user per day only drop from 30k to 20k.
    last month I contacted a support guy from cb and they provide some advise and explain. eg. filter low cpm ad vendor. but he disappeared before all we talk and experience finished.
    And I also don't think tuning can solve this big drop from 200$->20$.
    Seems only can do is convert all traffic to admob.
  • festivalfestival Posts: 44Registered Users @
    eCPM jumps up and down from $5 to $0.6

And yes, my install and boot ups are high at $0.6

So the classic reply from Support "your boot ups are down" doesn't work here.

The great old Chartboost times are gone , or?