Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The better choice of app's site name

id256id256 Posts: 79New Users @
Hello gentlemen,

So I've got an app, named, let's say, "ABCD". As long as abcd.com is not available, I'm choosing between 'abcd.co', which is a bit more expensive, but shorter, and 'abcdapp.com', that is longer, cheaper, more specific, and has the default .com suffix, which is a plus.
So which one would you suggest to take and why?

Thanks.

Replies

• jhonkjjhonkj Posts: 147New Users @ @
    mostly one is "clicking"/touching on a link, not typing it in, so I don't think it matters how long it is. Even if you were to email the link to someone, the link become live and they just click on it. So a more descriptive address I think is the way to go, and make the extra text exactly what people would be searching for, for a little leg up in search engine results.

only downside is twitter, but then you use one of those shortener sites.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,594New Users @ @ @ @ @
    id256 wrote: »
    Hello gentlemen,

So I've got an app, named, let's say, "ABCD". As long as abcd.com is not available, I'm choosing between 'abcd.co', which is a bit more expensive, but shorter, and 'abcdapp.com', that is longer, cheaper, more specific, and has the default .com suffix, which is a plus.
    So which one would you suggest to take and why?

Thanks.

This site may be of help to you...

https://iwantmyname.com/blog/2015/06/how-to-pick-the-right-domain-extension.html
  • id256id256 Posts: 79New Users @
    @dev666999 Thanks, that's a useful one.