Advertise here




Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remaining Apple Schedule of Payment 2016

CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 619New Users @ @ @
A while back Dev666 wrote out all of the pay periods and pay dates and it was very useful. I did the same for the remainder of 2016.

Every pay period starts on a Sunday and ends on a Saturday. The pay date is always 33 days after the final date of the period and falls on a Thursday.
Post edited by CoDEFRo on
«1

Replies

  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 619New Users @ @ @
    Actually as I look at this, it seems odd that for September we'd get paid on the 27th of October and December on the 26th of January. I don't ever recall being paid earlier than the 28th. I double checked my numbers and they make sense. Did I screw something up?
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,554New Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited April 2016
    CoDEFRo wrote: »
    Actually as I look at this, it seems odd that for September we'd get paid on the 27th of October and December on the 26th of January. I don't ever recall being paid earlier than the 28th. I double checked my numbers and they make sense. Did I screw something up?

    I don't think you screwed anything up. Your October 27 pay date is correct. However, the periods after that may be in question. Apple uses the 52-53 week fiscal year. It is a common method of retail accounting.

    http://loopholelewy.com/loopholelewy/01-tax-basics-for-startups/your-tax-year-52-53-week-year.htm

    Due to the 52-53 week periods in each year, the 28 day and 35 day periods may not line up consistently as a 35, 28, 28 pattern. Fiscal Year 2012 is an example of that. That first quarter - October thru Decemter had the pattern 35, 28, 35... with the rest of the year 35, 28, 28. So, it's best to wait for Apple to release their 2017 fiscal year calendar, which will start on 09-25-16. I have not yet found that calendar. So, your calculations for October, November and December may not be 100% correct. If you did use a 2017 fiscal year calendar to calc those periods, then you did it right.
    Post edited by dev666999 on
  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 619New Users @ @ @
    dev666999 wrote: »
    CoDEFRo wrote: »
    Actually as I look at this, it seems odd that for September we'd get paid on the 27th of October and December on the 26th of January. I don't ever recall being paid earlier than the 28th. I double checked my numbers and they make sense. Did I screw something up?

    I don't think you screwed anything up. Your October 27 pay date is correct. However, the periods after that may be in question. Apple uses the 52-53 week fiscal year. It is a common method of retail accounting.

    http://loopholelewy.com/loopholelewy/01-tax-basics-for-startups/your-tax-year-52-53-week-year.htm

    Due to the 52-53 week periods in each year, the 28 day and 35 day periods may not line up consistently as a 35, 28, 28 pattern. So, it's best to wait for Apple to release their 2016 fiscal year calendar, which will start on 09-25-16. I have not yet found that calendar. So, your calculations for October, November and December may not be 100% correct. If you did use a 2016 fiscal year calendar to calc those periods, then you did it right.

    I used the 2016 calendar for April through September (the 2016 calendar ends in September). There is no 2017 calendar yet (I think) so I just continued the pattern for October, November, and December. I don't ever recall the 35, 28, 28 pattern changing, you think they could switch that up? The 26th seems so awfully early to get paid.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,554New Users @ @ @ @ @
    We're crossing in the posts... LOL. I had amended my reply to give you an example of that problem. Unfortunately, unbeknownst to me, you were already replying when I was amending my post. Take a look at Fiscal Year 2012...starts on Sept 25, 2011 and ends on Sept 29, 2012. I don't know if you have a copy available though.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,554New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Fiscal Year 2012 Accounting Calendar September 25, 2011 to September 29, 2012
    Q1 Sep 25 - Dec 31
    Period 1
    Oct-11
    S M T W T F S
    25 26 27 28 29 30 1
    2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    16 17 18 19 20 21 22
    23 24 25 26 27 28 29
    Period 2
    Nov-11
    S M T W T F S
    30 31 1 2 3 4 5
    6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    13 14 15 16 17 18 19
    20 21 22 23 24 25 26
    Period 3
    Dec-11
    S M T W T F S
    27 28 29 30 1 2 3
    4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    11 12 13 14 15 16 17
    18 19 20 21 22 23 24
    25 26 27 28 29 30 31
    Q2 Jan 1 - Mar 31
    Period 4
    Jan-12
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    8 9 10 11 12 13 14
    15 16 17 18 19 20 21
    22 23 24 25 26 27 28
    29 30 31 1 2 3 4
    Period 5
    Feb-12
    S M T W T F S
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 1 2 3
    Period 6
    Mar-12
    S M T W T F S
    4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    11 12 13 14 15 16 17
    18 19 20 21 22 23 24
    25 26 27 28 29 30 31
    Q3 Apr 1 - Jun 30
    Period 7
    Apr-12
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    8 9 10 11 12 13 14
    15 16 17 18 19 20 21
    22 23 24 25 26 27 28
    29 30 1 2 3 4 5
    Period 8
    May-12
    S M T W T F S
    6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    13 14 15 16 17 18 19
    20 21 22 23 24 25 26
    27 28 29 30 31 1 2
    Period 9
    Jun-12
    S M T W T F S
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Q4 Jul 1 - Sep 29
    Period 10
    Jul-12
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    8 9 10 11 12 13 14
    15 16 17 18 19 20 21
    22 23 24 25 26 27 28
    29 30 31 1 2 3 4
    Period 11
    Aug-12
    S M T W T F S
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31 1
    Period 12
    Sep-12
    S M T W T F S
    2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    16 17 18 19 20 21 22
    23 24 25 26 27 28 29
  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 619New Users @ @ @
    Ah OK thanks for that.

    They seemed to have removed the link for the fiscal calendar from iTunes Connect with the renovation, it was a bitch to find the 2016 calendar (found it on Stack Overflow). If anyone can link me to the 2017 calendar (if it's even out there) I'll amend it if it follows the pattern you describe.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,554New Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited April 2016
    Let us all know if you manage to find that 2017 calendar early. I did notice that the fiscal calendars are no longer linked on iTunesConnect... or, they've done a great job of hiding it. Used to be available under Payments. But that has been completely overhauled. Sigh...

    If you want to do it the hard way, you can do a simple calculation. A 52 week year has 364 days, while a 53 week year has 364 + 7 = 371 days. The Fiscal Year 2017 will end on September 30, 2017. And starts on September 25, 2016. Without doing the counting I suspect it may be a 53 week year. So...if Apple is consistent, then October and December will have 35 days, with November having 28... the 35, 28, 35 pattern that deviates from the more common 35, 28, 28 one.
  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 619New Users @ @ @
    edited April 2016
    dev666999 wrote: »
    Let us all know if you manage to find that 2017 calendar early. I did notice that the fiscal calendars are no longer linked on iTunesConnect... or, they've done a great job of hiding it. Used to be available under Payments. But that has been completely overhauled. Sigh...

    If you want to do it the hard way, you can do a simple calculation. A 52 week year has 364 days, while a 53 week year has 364 + 7 = 371 days. The Fiscal Year 2017 will end on September 30, 2017. And starts on September 25, 2016. Without doing the counting I suspect it may be a 53 week year. So...if Apple is consistent, then October and December will have 35 days, with November having 28... the 35, 28, 35 pattern that deviates from the more common 35, 28, 28 one.

    I updated the data to reflect December as being a 35 day month. It makes more sense now. When they release 2017 I'll make a new post. Thanks again for the info.
    Post edited by CoDEFRo on
  • sandeepiossandeepios Posts: 10New Users *
    I still see no financial data being released for April 2016 in itunes connect dashboard.
    Could someone please confirm or post expected dates for the same.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,554New Users @ @ @ @ @
    sandeepios wrote: »
    I still see no financial data being released for April 2016 in itunes connect dashboard.
    Could someone please confirm or post expected dates for the same.

    @CoDEFRo already did that. Check his original post above.

    The April payment date is June 2.

  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 619New Users @ @ @
    edited November 2016
    nm

    Post edited by CoDEFRo on
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,554New Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited November 2016
    @CoDEFRo It is correct except for one date.

    2/2 for January, 2017 should be 3/2

    Although I would like to be paid on 2/2 ;)
  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 619New Users @ @ @
    dev666999 wrote: »
    @CoDEFRo It is correct except for one date.

    2/2 for January, 2017 should be 3/2

    Although I would like to be paid on 2/2 ;)

    Thanks for looking it over. Here's the updated version:

  • simpledevsimpledev U.K. Posts: 6New Users Noob
    CoDEFRo wrote: »
    dev666999 wrote: »
    @CoDEFRo It is correct except for one date.

    2/2 for January, 2017 should be 3/2

    Although I would like to be paid on 2/2 ;)

    Thanks for looking it over. Here's the updated version:

    Thanks for this, very useful.

    I'm a new Dev, made a few dollars so it's not good for the effort I've put in so far. But for Nov I should have been paid on 29th Dec according to this but I haven't received anything in my bank account. It does say I made a few dollars in Nov on iTunes connect. So I need to call them I think.


  • id256id256 Posts: 66New Users @
    Well, Apple should send the money when you accumulate at least $100, so if "a few dollars" is less than that, it's ok.
  • swifter22swifter22 usaPosts: 91New Users @
    edited January 8
    I have a question. In my sales and trends it says I made $94 for November 2016 but I only got paid $54. Why did I get paid $40 less? BTW I only had one refund and that was for 67 cents.
  • id256id256 Posts: 66New Users @
    edited January 8
    Dev's share should be 70% of sales, but $54/$94 ~ 57%. I also had share near 57% in October. No sure exactly, but I guess that has to do with currency exchange rates or local taxes, though 13% difference looks huge.
  • simpledevsimpledev U.K. Posts: 6New Users Noob
    > @id256 said:
    > Well, Apple should send the money when you accumulate at least $100, so if "a few dollars" is less than that, it's ok.


    So that's why. Thanks. Looks like I'm going to have to do something about earning more money.
  • swifter22swifter22 usaPosts: 91New Users @
    id256 wrote: »
    Dev's share should be 70% of sales, but $54/$94 ~ 57%. I also had share near 57% in October. No sure exactly, but I guess that has to do with currency exchange rates or local taxes, though 13% difference looks huge.

    The $94 is the proceeds that I get after apple takes the 30%. So shouldn't I get the $94?
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,554New Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited January 8
    swifter22 wrote: »
    id256 wrote: »
    Dev's share should be 70% of sales, but $54/$94 ~ 57%. I also had share near 57% in October. No sure exactly, but I guess that has to do with currency exchange rates or local taxes, though 13% difference looks huge.

    The $94 is the proceeds that I get after apple takes the 30%. So shouldn't I get the $94?

    You're most likely looking at a timing difference. App sales are booked when bought by the user for your time and sales reports. But, the actual payment that Apple receives is usually about 3-5 days later than the sale date. Apple pays out the actual payments received. So, the difference you are seeing is most likely an account receivable, that will be paid the next payment date. An easy way to see this is to see how many units you sold in your time and sales report. Now compare that to your actual payment units. The difference in units are those late sales that got reported in the current period but will not be paid until Apple collects the money during the next period. This cycle repeats pay period after pay period, and is why Apple states you cannot depend on time and sales to determine the actual monies you will receive.

    Like reconciling your bank balance with your check book balance, the difference are outstanding/uncleared items.

    You see a similar thing in reverse, when you make a credit card payment on your credit card account. It registers as the current date paid, but your account may not update for at least 24- 48 hours.

    These are all examples of timing differences.

    Another possibility... Apple screwed up, in which case you will get the missing amount the next period. I've seen that happen too.
  • rglrgl ScotlandPosts: 13New Users *
    edited January 9
    The lower developer proceeds are down to local sales taxes, primarily VAT in the EU. The way VAT works over here is that prices consumers pay are quoted VAT-inclusive, unlike the US. So when Apple are calculating developer proceeds related to customer price, first they have to deduct the VAT they pay to the local governments. The remaining is what is shared between them and you, and is what they take the 70% off.

    VAT rates vary across the EU, but you can use 20% as a rough guide. If you multiply 0.8 * 0.7 you get 0.56 as the rate at which customer prices convert to developer proceeds, which is exactly what you're seeing.

    And no, there is no way that you are not liable for this and can claim it back. Apple is acting as an agent for you, you're seen as making a business to business supply to them, and it is them that are being charged VAT on their business to consumer supply.

    Of course, all I've written above is nonsense if none of your sales fall within the EU... or other places with inclusive sales taxes.
  • bobgoobobgoo BcnPosts: 2New Users Noob
    CoDEFRo wrote: »
    dev666999 wrote: »
    @CoDEFRo It is correct except for one date.

    2/2 for January, 2017 should be 3/2

    Although I would like to be paid on 2/2 ;)

    Thanks for looking it over. Here's the updated version:

    December period in the Apple fiscal calendar ended 31 Dec instead of 24 Dec, isn't it?

    Anyway, is anybody getting next expected payment date the 24th of January, it seems strange as it is in Tuesday instead of Thursday... Has anything changed in the way Apple calculates the payment dates for 2017?
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,554New Users @ @ @ @ @
    bobgoo wrote: »
    CoDEFRo wrote: »
    dev666999 wrote: »
    @CoDEFRo It is correct except for one date.

    2/2 for January, 2017 should be 3/2

    Although I would like to be paid on 2/2 ;)

    Thanks for looking it over. Here's the updated version:

    December period in the Apple fiscal calendar ended 31 Dec instead of 24 Dec, isn't it?

    Anyway, is anybody getting next expected payment date the 24th of January, it seems strange as it is in Tuesday instead of Thursday... Has anything changed in the way Apple calculates the payment dates for 2017?

    Interestingly they show a payment date of Jan 24. Technically should be Jan 26, a Thursday. Thanks for bringing this up. We'll have to see if the whole payment schedule will be changing going forward. On a good note, getting paid earlier is always nice. ;)
  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 619New Users @ @ @
    Wow...did they change this? It appears now that the end of December is the 31st, not the 24th, so essentially they changed December to a 35 day month. I'm confused. I'm pretty sure they corrected or changed something.
  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 619New Users @ @ @
    edited January 18
    (I think) they made some drastic changes to the pay schedule which I outlined in a new post. Looks like we're going to get paid 24 days after the pay period ends on a Tuesday rather than 33 days after on a Thursday. That's a good change imo.

    http://iphonedevsdk.com/forum/business-legal-app-store/123420-apple-schedule-of-payment-2016-17.html#latest
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.