Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which ad network will be best from this list for a game ?

Hello,

I am making a 2D side scrolling game.
Game is expected to be completed in next 7-10 days. So, I am now looking for good ad networks. I have choose these ad networks. Please share your experience about all of these ad networks.

1) AdMob ( My first preference )
2) ChartBoost
3) Unity Ads
4) Appodeal

I have an experience with AdMob, but haven't tested any of others. I have read lots of good reviews about others, but some bad reviews are also there.

So, what do you suggest ? Which ad network I should choose ? I am expecting my game to get enough downloads to earn money from the game.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Replies

• tmongytmongy Posts: 79New Users @
    I use Chartboost for interstitial and rewarded video ads and can highly recommend them.

I also use Admob for banner ads, with mediation for Facebook Audience Network (having FAN higher in the stack). FAN has good eCPM for banner ads, but low fill rate since the user has to be logged-in to Facebook on their phone to be shown an ad.
  • bhavinpanara22bhavinpanara22 Posts: 69New Users @
    tmongy wrote: »
    I use Chartboost for interstitial and rewarded video ads and can highly recommend them.

I also use Admob for banner ads, with mediation for Facebook Audience Network (having FAN higher in the stack). FAN has good eCPM for banner ads, but low fill rate since the user has to be logged-in to Facebook on their phone to be shown an ad.

What's your fill rate & eCPM in chartboost ?

Can't find fill rate stats for Chartboost, but eCPM changes a lot depending on time of the year. For the last 30 days my average eCPM for interstitials was $5.34, and for rewarded videos was $11.27 on iOS.

Can't find fill rate stats for Chartboost, but eCPM changes a lot depending on time of the year. For the last 30 days my average eCPM for interstitials was $5.34, and for rewarded videos was $11.27 on iOS.

That's really great eCPM. Have you tried any other for rewarded video like Unity Ads, AdColony ?
    Have you used appodeal or any other like that ?

That's really great eCPM. Have you tried any other for rewarded video like Unity Ads, AdColony ?
    Have you used appodeal or any other like that ?

No sorry haven't tried any of these.
    Anyone else, who have tried Unity ads, AdColony or Appodeal ?
  • molokoplusmolokoplus AUPosts: 6New Users Noob
    Hey!
    I've tried all 4 services you mentioned, the point is that the first 3 are ad networks, and the 4th one is a tool for monetization, that includes ad mediation from different demand sources (ad networks, RTB exchanges and DSP platforms), cross-promo and analytical tools.

So step by step.
    - You have a 2D game. Depending on it's mechanics the best ad formats would be: interstitial and rewarded video (is good because users stay loyal). If you have a shop in your game/ currency - you can implement rew video, so that users get free coins/hearts for view. Another good practice is to show it randomly and give new charackter/ckin as a bonus for video view.
    - Interstitial you can implement it after certain lose. For instance if user looses 3times - he'll see and ad after 3rd lose. There's a great number for placements and i'd advice to experiment =)
    - Standard banner is super disturbing for users, but may work well in some games with the right placement, like clickers or time killers.

1) AdMob - one of the oldest, biggest and most reliable ad networks, has good performance for interstitials and banners, but does't have rew. video and native ads.
    2) Chartboost supports only interstitials and video (no banners and native). Performs well, especially in US (in my case it was so).
    3) Unity Ads - super good for video, which is their main focus and only format. Nice performance.
    4) Appodeal - complex solution for monetizing. It's main advantage in that contet is that appodeal supports all networks mentioned above and makes them to compete against each other for every ad impression, automatically choosing higher bid.

After all my experiments i stopped with Appodeal and am really impressed with the results, surely recommend them. last month eCPM: $4.01 - interstitial; $3.7 - video; $0.6 - banner. my apps are android, iOS should have higher eCPM on avg. my geo is mostly US and Europe, avg fillrate by all formats is about 93-98%. Though i also tried Fyber, Heyzap these are mediators, both lose comparing to Appodeal at least in my case, because of numerous bugs, difficult integration, need to add each ad network manually yourself and 20-30% lower performance. As i understood after 1/1.5 months they start to prioritize their own ads after a certain period of time, which results in lower revenue. Applovin was not so good, but ok at interstitials, InMoby didnt work for me - fillrate around 15% and low ecpm.

PS i'd also add that eCPM is not the most important metric: u can have super high eCPM, because of lower fillrate and vice versa. it always depends on app and great number of factors like audience, length of game session and so on. I think it's always better to compare the revenue or ARPDAU.
    molokoplus wrote: »
    Hey!
    I've tried all 4 services you mentioned, the point is that the first 3 are ad networks, and the 4th one is a tool for monetization, that includes ad mediation from different demand sources (ad networks, RTB exchanges and DSP platforms), cross-promo and analytical tools.

So step by step.
    - You have a 2D game. Depending on it's mechanics the best ad formats would be: interstitial and rewarded video (is good because users stay loyal). If you have a shop in your game/ currency - you can implement rew video, so that users get free coins/hearts for view. Another good practice is to show it randomly and give new charackter/ckin as a bonus for video view.
    - Interstitial you can implement it after certain lose. For instance if user looses 3times - he'll see and ad after 3rd lose. There's a great number for placements and i'd advice to experiment =)
    - Standard banner is super disturbing for users, but may work well in some games with the right placement, like clickers or time killers.

1) AdMob - one of the oldest, biggest and most reliable ad networks, has good performance for interstitials and banners, but does't have rew. video and native ads.
    2) Chartboost supports only interstitials and video (no banners and native). Performs well, especially in US (in my case it was so).
    3) Unity Ads - super good for video, which is their main focus and only format. Nice performance.
    4) Appodeal - complex solution for monetizing. It's main advantage in that contet is that appodeal supports all networks mentioned above and makes them to compete against each other for every ad impression, automatically choosing higher bid.

After all my experiments i stopped with Appodeal and am really impressed with the results, surely recommend them. last month eCPM: $4.01 - interstitial; $3.7 - video; $0.6 - banner. my apps are android, iOS should have higher eCPM on avg. my geo is mostly US and Europe, avg fillrate by all formats is about 93-98%. Though i also tried Fyber, Heyzap these are mediators, both lose comparing to Appodeal at least in my case, because of numerous bugs, difficult integration, need to add each ad network manually yourself and 20-30% lower performance. As i understood after 1/1.5 months they start to prioritize their own ads after a certain period of time, which results in lower revenue. Applovin was not so good, but ok at interstitials, InMoby didnt work for me - fillrate around 15% and low ecpm.

PS i'd also add that eCPM is not the most important metric: u can have super high eCPM, because of lower fillrate and vice versa. it always depends on app and great number of factors like audience, length of game session and so on. I think it's always better to compare the revenue or ARPDAU.

Wow.
    Great info. Thanks for sharing.
    I have decided to go with Admob + ChartBoost on first version of the game.
    I would love to try Unity Ads, but they have some complex payment system.
  • CasperisFriendlyCasperisFriendly CaliforniaPosts: 4New Users Noob
    edited December 2016
    @bhavinpanara22 A little late to the party...but if you're using Appodeal, you can integrate with all three of the other networks through it. Appodeal will manage the payouts for Chartboost and Unity (and all the networks except for Admob and FAN), so you can bypass what you find complex there, and still get the benefit of working with Unity!