Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

50 Character Limit - o dear

13»

Replies

• ethanwaethanwa Orlando, FLPosts: 719Registered Users @ @ @
    I'm seeing the same thing on at least one of my major apps. Did an update, revenue got cut in half. Been like this for a few days now and I'm not sure what the solution is.
  • IconicDigitalIconicDigital LondonPosts: 469Registered Users @ @
    It has been like this for a couple of years. I noticed a while back when I did an update it almost exactly halved each time. It is really strange and Im not sure why, I did state that my latest version was a minimum of IOS 9 so I think that would cut a few off but it's strange that it is around %50 each time.
    Photo Editing IPhone & IPad - ImageLab
    Photo Editing IPhone & IPad - PixelPoint
    Live Video Editing On Your IPhone - Video FX+
    London Photography - London Photography
    Voucher Codes & Offers - SocialOffer.co.uk Voucher Codes
  • anappdev2anappdev2 Posts: 92New Users @
    edited September 2016
    Same here... very frustrating as I would love to give users new features but it always results in lesser downloads..
  • IconicDigitalIconicDigital LondonPosts: 469Registered Users @ @
    It really is something that Apple has to address, I have 5 apps that have regular users and I would love to update but I dare not touch them because of the downloads.
    Photo Editing IPhone & IPad - ImageLab
    Photo Editing IPhone & IPad - PixelPoint
    Live Video Editing On Your IPhone - Video FX+
    London Photography - London Photography
    Voucher Codes & Offers - SocialOffer.co.uk Voucher Codes
  • angelappsangelapps usaPosts: 254New Users @ @
    Maybe some algo changes only apply to updates/new apps.

My best download/sales app is my oldest to update one!
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,525New Users @ @ @ @ @
    angelapps wrote: »
    Maybe some algo changes only apply to updates/new apps.

My best download/sales app is my oldest to update one!

Have you already gotten the Apple notice on that one?
  • angelappsangelapps usaPosts: 254New Users @ @
    No,

And infact I tried to update it a year ago but it was rejected for spammy title, so I left as is and will continue to-do so.
  • Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 257Registered Users @ @
    raymng wrote: »
    Yes, some people have over 50 apps, how can they handle so many updates in so short time..

I did a mass update before summer, timed it, took 15 minutes per app to update, new ad SDK, new screenshots, new keywords.
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,525New Users @ @ @ @ @
    raymng wrote: »
    Yes, some people have over 50 apps, how can they handle so many updates in so short time..

I did a mass update before summer, timed it, took 15 minutes per app to update, new ad SDK, new screenshots, new keywords.

It's not the actual act of updating that takes so much time. It's testing and picking the right keywords, and getting that perfect set of screenshots.

If it only takes you 15 minutes you're either a genius savant or the quality leaves something to be desired.
  • SeanyKSeanyK Posts: 183Registered Users @ @
    edited October 2016
    It sounds like the latter (no offence Crichton) but updating sdks usually brings its own weird and wonderful challenges, drag and drop if you are lucky, if not, then some lovely Xcode error , or some additional framework adding, then testing it through to make sure the app or game still works as it should, all that takes longer than 15 minutes and that's before you review your keywords / title / screenshots etc

It took me 2 hours to update one of my games earlier, the end solution was to add one line of code, that was for my sheer audacity to use Xcode 7.3 on a project that worked flawlessly on 7.2 and earlier :p
  • Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 257Registered Users @ @
    dev666999 wrote: »
    If it only takes you 15 minutes you're either a genius savant or the quality leaves something to be desired.

Yea the keyword part does take a long time, miss wrote on that one.

"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
13»