Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apple now sending 30 day notices of old apps to be removed

13»

Replies

• angelappsangelapps usaPosts: 261New Users @ @
    I have some old apps (> 3 years), never updates which I have heard nothing about, but they do still work.
  • iekeiiekei Posts: 602Registered Users @ @ @
    There still are some iPhone OS 2 apps still on the store which haven't been updated in six or seven years. I figured that some would be gone by now.
  • OddballOddball United StatesPosts: 118New Users @ @
    Has anyone had Apple actually remove their apps yet? When are they suppose to actually do that? I looked it up quick and didn't see anything with exact dates. I only have 1 app that hasnt been updated or released in the past 2 years but I didn't see any emails from Apple about it. Although, it could have very easily gone to a spam box and/or gotten deleted.
  • Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 278Registered Users @ @
    Oddball wrote: »
    Has anyone had Apple actually remove their apps yet? When are they suppose to actually do that? I looked it up quick and didn't see anything with exact dates. I only have 1 app that hasnt been updated or released in the past 2 years but I didn't see any emails from Apple about it. Although, it could have very easily gone to a spam box and/or gotten deleted.

Well it has just been 30 days from the first notice so Im guessing they should be deleting any day now, unless all developers submitted updates.
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
  • sparksosparkso Posts: 554Registered Users @ @ @
    i got a few removed. I actually developer removed them myself first since they are obsolete anyway, and they will remove it one more time for you.
    Well, that doesn't really count.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,621New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Apple is removing them. Letters have been sent stating that the app has been removed.
    It would be great if someone posted one.
    iekei wrote: »
    It would be great if someone posted one.

There are two letters/notices recd on the same day...the first states the app is removed from sale, and the second, how to restore it back to the store.

Here's the important portion of that second letter...the rest, not shown are just Apple salutations, etc.

On xxx, 2016, we announced that we’re implementing an ongoing process of evaluating and removing apps from the App Store that no longer function as intended, don’t follow current review guidelines, or are outdated.

You were asked to submit an updated version of your app, xxx, for review within 30 days. We noticed that either you did not submit an updated version of your app for review or the updated version of your app was not approved. As a result, your app has been removed from the App Store.

Next Steps

To restore your app to the App Store, submit an updated version for review and make sure it follows the latest App Review Guidelines. Until you have submitted an update and it is approved, your app will not be available on the App Store. You can continue to use your current app name, as your app has not been deleted from your account. If you submitted an update after the 30 day grace period, please allow time for review. Your app will be restored to the App Store if the update is approved.
    Oh you can update it after 30 days and it goes through review again. I guess if an old app is still making money thats a way to go.
    Oh you can update it after 30 days and it goes through review again. I guess if an old app is still making money thats a way to go.

Yep, I never submitted any updates during the 30 day period. Until I do submit one, Apple will keep the app out of the store.
  • astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 640New Users @ @ @
    edited October 2016
    Well astersdo lets not kid ourselves, 99% of Apple apps profit comes from the Top10 games. Why would they even care about the rest. And why dont you have the link to the app your talking about on your twitter under the description or even in the post you tagging apple in. The links on your official web page dont even work. I wanted to try it out.
    astersdo wrote: »

Looks like you deleted all your rant posts but it seems that your Chess game is No.01 today under "ultimate chess" thats listed in popular terms under search. Hows the traffic now ?

Coincidence ?

Looks like you deleted all your rant posts but it seems that your Chess game is No.01 today under "ultimate chess" thats listed in popular terms under search. Hows the traffic now ?

Coincidence ?

No comment.

Coincidence ?

No comment.

Well played. Or should I say checkmate :)
    No, it was all in my head. I just couldn't see it. I was unwell. The app is there on merit alone. I'm lucky to have an account and wont be discussing it further.
  • dobrydobry Posts: 298Registered Users @ @
    I assume: You got a call from Apple. They said: "Delete those threads, shut up and your app will climb in the chart and you'll keep your account" ;)
    edited October 2016
    *** please delete ***
    Have any of you who got the 30 day notice, had their apps rejected, when updated?

If so, what was the reason for the rejection.

My reason for asking is that nowhere in the original notice do the reviewers ever state why the app was flagged. They just use vague boiler plate language, one size fits all, to flag the app.

I am planning on updating some apps, but am a bit miffed that I have no way of knowing just what created the 30 day notice. So, am flying a bit blind here.

If nothing is wrong with the app, I assume all they want is a new submission with the latest SDK version? And of course updated metadata.

Now that this program is 3 months old, hopefully some of you can shed more light on the process.

13»