Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apple Search Ads (Live Oct 5)

Replies

• anappdev2anappdev2 Posts: 97New Users @
    I guess we will have wait for the correct data. Form me it reached daily budget with 0 impression in the data as of now :)
  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 626New Users @ @ @
    edited October 2016
    anappdev2 wrote: »
    I guess we will have wait for the correct data. Form me it reached daily budget with 0 impression in the data as of now :)
    My ads status are "Running" but I got 0 impression. I guess that is because I put the CPT too low. What are the minimum CPT to get some impressions?

Did you guys set the date to the current day? That was my problem...by default it lists the previous 7 days and not today. When I set it to October 5th I saw my stats.

So far not much doing, got 1 conversion out of 17 taps. The tap through rate is low, like 4%. Average cost per tap (bid) is like 14 cents (I have my bid threshold set to 50 cents for a $3.99 app).

For some reason (as I mentioned before) when I'm seeing the search ad for my app in the app store, it doesn't have screenshots. That would make a big difference.

Probably will experiment with increasing the max bid and also might try this on the lite version of my app.

CoDEFRo wrote: »

Did you guys set the date to the current day? That was my problem...by default it lists the previous 7 days and not today. When I set it to October 5th I saw my stats.

Thanks for pointing that out

• sparksosparkso Posts: 494Registered Users @ @
    i'm actually paying for more ads but no effect on rankings whatsoever.
  • mediaspreemediaspree FloridaPosts: 901Registered Users @ @ @
    Seeing $0.21 cent installs at low volume. Bid $0.05 per tap
  • MarkCMarkC Yorkshire, EnglandPosts: 1,967iPhone Dev SDK Supporter, Registered Users @ @ @ @
    Seeing nothing at all :)
    neon_images_framed.jpg
  • mediaspreemediaspree FloridaPosts: 901Registered Users @ @ @
    Here are my stats for yesterday
  • kmkkmk Posts: 449Registered Users @ @
    Totals yesterday : 151 impressions, 9 taps, 2 conversions. I believe my max bid is set to $1.0.
  • ethanwaethanwa Orlando, FLPosts: 720Registered Users @ @ @
    I'm seeing similiar numbers. Decent cost per install, but VERY low volume. Having trouble even spending $5-$10!
  • Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 268Registered Users @ @
    ethanwa wrote: »
    I'm seeing similiar numbers. Decent cost per install, but VERY low volume. Having trouble even spending $5-$10!

Yea most users say that they dont even see these ads yet, even big sites that cover this story dont even post screenshots of live ads but just say "enter a popular keyword".
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
    edited October 2016
    I just did a bunch of searches and I'm not seeing any ads (plus I'm seeing very few impressions for today). I think they're still ironing this thing out tbh and will take a couple of days to get it on track.
  • dobrydobry Posts: 287Registered Users @ @
    I mistakenly added keywords but cannot remove or disable them anymore. Is that really not possible? Maybe it helps to add them also to "Negative Keywords".
  • sparksosparkso Posts: 494Registered Users @ @
    so FB ad installs are still so much more cheaper.
    edited October 2016
    They are? I thought FB ads were $1+ per install now?
    Are you guys seeing the ADs having screen shots in them? On my iPhone6+, the only ones I've seen don't have them. Anyone care to speculate? This would make a huge difference.
  • MarkCMarkC Yorkshire, EnglandPosts: 1,967iPhone Dev SDK Supporter, Registered Users @ @ @ @
    You can guarantee that there'll be an issue with the screenshots (reducing the chance of a conversion) right up until the time we've burned through the $100 freebie for nothing :)
    neon_images_framed.jpg
  • Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 268Registered Users @ @
    I just did a bunch of searches and I'm not seeing any ads (plus I'm seeing very few impressions for today). I think they're still ironing this thing out tbh and will take a couple of days to get it on track.

Go to the App Store and click on search, select the keywords from the list of trending searches. People are milking that system already as they bank on the trending ones of the day.
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
  • ChristieMaiChristieMai BristolPosts: 21New Users @
    So I bumped the CPT from 0.05 to 0.2, 0.4 and then 1.0. Still 0 impressions, 0 everything. No idea what is going on. Does it work for anyone?

Go to the App Store and click on search, select the keywords from the list of trending searches. People are milking that system already as they bank on the trending ones of the day.

Do you mean to try clicking on one of those trending keywords to see an ad with screenshots? I tried and got the same result.
    So I bumped the CPT from 0.05 to 0.2, 0.4 and then 1.0. Still 0 impressions, 0 everything. No idea what is going on. Does it work for anyone?

Make sure your date is set correctly, this was throwing me off initially.
  • tonytonytonytony USPosts: 29New Users @
    Anyone got positive result now?
    tonytony wrote: »
    Anyone got positive result now?

If by positive result you mean few downloads the yes. But very low volume...
    I am buying about 20 downloads a day for $0.15 each (of two free apps I have). The price is great, the volume is TERRIBLE. If you could turn that 20 into 200 or 2000, I'd do that all day long.

Where is the volume Apple???
  • id256id256 Posts: 69New Users @
    ethanwa wrote: »
    I am buying about 20 downloads a day for $0.15 each (of two free apps I have). The price is great, the volume is TERRIBLE.

Gosh, $0.15 for a free app download... If $1 apps would have the same CPI (which should be times higher, I guess) the dev's share would be 55% now. Not very profitable.

• id256id256 Posts: 69New Users @
    edited October 2016
    Hmm, so they don't accept debit cards... Even if you're just willing to spend those "free" $100, you have to get a credit card first, which isn't so routine for everyone. Has anybody passed the registration with any form of non-credit card?