Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iTunes Connect Balance Carried Forward?

CowlinnCowlinn Posts: 358Registered Users @ @
Hey all,

In my Financial Reports for November I see

£XXX Balance Carried Forward
£XXX December 29 206 (Expected Payment Date)

The sum of both these figures is the earnings for the month, does anyone know why it is split like this and what it means?

Take a look at my book: $100,000 on the AppStore

Replies

• rijeka2008rijeka2008 Posts: 118Registered Users @ @
    I have similar issue, guess something new on itunes
  • rglrgl ScotlandPosts: 13New Users *
    Mine was split like this earlier, and the split seemed to be by region, one group for everything coming under iTunes EU (Apple Distribution International or whatever it's called this month) without a payment date, and the other containing all the other regional entities the App Store is run as round the world. And this latter one had the payment date.

I've just checked again and it's now all showing as one payment, under the payment date at the end of the month. I'm just guessing some of their batch processing hadn't quite finished at the point those emails went out.
  • Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 277Registered Users @ @
    Not all regions were processed. Now shows as one payment.
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
  • BalineseBalinese BaliPosts: 3New Users Noob
    Hello,

I am having the Balance Carried Forward issue for 3 months since October 2016 until now. How about you guys? Any update? This is a very weird issue.
  • rglrgl ScotlandPosts: 13New Users *
    Are you maybe below the minimum payment threshold? This should be somewhere within the iTunes Connect docs, or the paid apps contract you sign every so often for the App Store.
    Nah the payment due is $25,000 so it's not because of the payment threshold.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,613New Users @ @ @ @ @
    Balinese wrote: »
    Nah the payment due is $25,000 so it's not because of the payment threshold.

Are you getting all of your payment on time?

If so, then what exactly is the problem?

If not, then I would contact Apple and ask them why you are not getting fully paid each month.

The only thing that matters is the pay date and the amount paid out correctly. Anything else is just superficial BS.

Payments since September backward were received on time and in full.

Since October my payments stopped coming in. And they are added up to $25,000 now.

It always shows Balance Carried Forward instead of Expecting Payment Date.

And Apple does not answer my email via Contact Us in iTunesConnect.

This is a very HUGE issue.
  • id256id256 Posts: 83New Users @
    edited January 11
    I'd also suggest contacting your local bank, as they may decline transfers in certain cases.
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,613New Users @ @ @ @ @
    edited January 11
    Balinese wrote: »
    Payments since September backward were received on time and in full.

Since October my payments stopped coming in. And they are added up to $25,000 now.

It always shows Balance Carried Forward instead of Expecting Payment Date.

And Apple does not answer my email via Contact Us in iTunesConnect.

This is a very HUGE issue.

OK... you definitely have a major problem. I had something similar happen last year. I contacted Apple via the same link as yours, and they got back to me right away. Without admitting that THEY f*cked up, they stated I would receive the monies soon. It showed up in the following month's payment, making everything square once again.

It was caused by a banking issue. Apple had made some changes that prevented a portion of the payment to go through.

All you can do, is to try to contact them any way you can, and hopefully get someone to review your account so that they can correct the problem, or tell you what you need to do on your side to get paid.

@id256 's suggestion re banking is something I would certainly follow up on.

Good luck... that's a large chunk of cash to be owed.
    I did not yet get report for december, I have changed bank account, maybe it has something with this!
  • Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 277Registered Users @ @
    rijeka2008 wrote: »
    I did not yet get report for december, I have changed bank account, maybe it has something with this!

The report was issued today.
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
    yep but it states Balance Carried Forward, I dont know why?