Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A new level of stupidity for an app rejection

AbsentiaAbsentia Posts: 290Registered Users @ @
So I've been trying to get an App through the review process. Went through a couple of rejections and resolved the issue both times so I was pretty sure it was going to be approved this time. Much to my surprise it got rejected for including "content that resembles the International Olympic Committee (IOC) without the necessary authorization". This was confusing to me since my app has nothing to do with the Olympics and includes no olympics imagery...but then I saw the screenshot that they attached - https://www.dropbox.com/s/04pbuv8h9wczm03/attachment-7695439319938370894Screenshot-1211-141629.png?dl=0

Yes, that is an advertisement...my app was rejected because I don't have the legal rights to show a logo that was shown in an advertisement that the IOC is probably paying money to be shown in my app. Good job review team

Replies

• sparksosparkso Posts: 542Registered Users @ @ @
    They are ridiculous . I got a really stupid one as well lately. Is there a website for us to rant ?

If not let me say it here first: My app got rejected because I showed chartboost moreapps that showed apps from 3rd party. We all know about this one and should be pretty familiar with it right?
    The most stupid thing is those apps actually all belong to my same account. But just that the Seller Name is different from the "Developer Brand name" and they think it is "3rd party"

I had to make numerous screenshots explaining that they are the same and then they approved it.
    Absentia wrote: »
    Yes, that is an advertisement...my app was rejected because I don't have the legal rights to show a logo that was shown in an advertisement that the IOC is probably paying money to be shown in my app. Good job review team

So which path areyou going to take? Message the reviewer in the resolution center , appeal or just resubmit?
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,613New Users @ @ @ @ @
    So I've been trying to get an App through the review process. Went through a couple of rejections and resolved the issue both times so I was pretty sure it was going to be approved this time. Much to my surprise it got rejected for including "content that resembles the International Olympic Committee (IOC) without the necessary authorization". This was confusing to me since my app has nothing to do with the Olympics and includes no olympics imagery...but then I saw the screenshot that they attached - https://www.dropbox.com/s/04pbuv8h9wczm03/attachment-7695439319938370894Screenshot-1211-141629.png?dl=0

And for that, those morons get paid over 100K per year.

Makes you want to smash a claw hammer into the back of their skulls.

That would raise their IQ a bit.
  • AbsentiaAbsentia Posts: 290Registered Users @ @
    sparkso wrote: »
    So which path areyou going to take? Message the reviewer in the resolution center , appeal or just resubmit?

I sent the reviewer a message saying he must have accidentally gotten my app confused with another one, or that he must be rejecting it for an advertisement. And I explained to him in the most polite way possible how ridiculous it would be if the latter were true.

I sent the reviewer a message saying he must have accidentally gotten my app confused with another one, or that he must be rejecting it for an advertisement. And I explained to him in the most polite way possible how ridiculous it would be if the latter were true.

Ironic that you would have to walk on egg shells to get their attention, even when you are dead right and a paying customer to boot.

Arrogance, thy name is Apple!
    ok these guys seem to be on holiday mood already or something, i just got another app reject today , but they attached a screenshot that is totally from another app, not mine....
  • AbsentiaAbsentia Posts: 290Registered Users @ @
    edited December 2016
    Well in my case the reviewer was at least humble enough to realize his mistake and allow the app to re-enter review

Item Not Available

The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store.

Did it get banned?
    dev666999 wrote: »

Item Not Available

The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store.

Did it get banned?

most likely. and i think most likely because i posted it here?
    Cos i remember when i looked at it yesterday, the release date was back in July...

• Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 278Registered Users @ @

I can open it just fine, seems to be popular, thousand reviews, IAPs selling like hot cakes.

More importantly wheres the link to the OPs app with the hot girl in the screenshot :)
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
  • indie_devindie_dev baliPosts: 24New Users @
    hehe, so ridiculuos they are. had a couple of stupid cases too with my apps, long stories...