Advertise here




Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beginning January 1, 2017, App Transport Security REQUIRED for all apps!

raymngraymng Posts: 2,032Registered Users @ @ @ @
Apple announced that ATS will be REQUIRED of all apps as of January 2017.

Read this if you don't know the details: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/48979

** But does it affect the existing apps on the app store?

** Also the key "NSAllowsArbitraryLoads" is not supported by Xcode 6, does it mean I can bypass this requirement if I submit my app by Xcode 6 ??

Thanks!!

Replies

  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,567New Users @ @ @ @ @
    raymng wrote: »
    Apple announced that ATS will be REQUIRED of all apps as of January 2017.

    Read this if you don't know the details: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/48979

    ** But does it affect the existing apps on the app store?

    ** Also the key "NSAllowsArbitraryLoads" is not supported by Xcode 6, does it mean I can bypass this requirement if I submit my app by Xcode 6 ??

    Thanks!!

    Having read your link, all I can gather is that this is just another Apple Sh*t Storm. Until the dust settles on this, we have no way to tell just how more onerous the already onerous review process will be.

    I am still dealing with that absurdly stupid 30 day update requirement. Another black ops POS policy by Apple.

    FWIW... nothing Apple does has the developers' best interest in mind. Selling on Apple has become as bad as selling on Amazon or Ebay. Nothing but endless rules that slowly destroy the sellers' ability to make a decent living.

    Good luck :(

  • id256id256 Posts: 73New Users @
    This is not a fresh problem actually. It is kind of "required" since iOS 9.3, as I remember. Plain http:// requests just stopped working for my app once I updated to that version (which was relatively long ago btw). That was a really nice surprise!
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,032Registered Users @ @ @ @
    id256 wrote: »
    This is not a fresh problem actually. It is kind of "required" since iOS 9.3, as I remember. Plain http:// requests just stopped working for my app once I updated to that version (which was relatively long ago btw). That was a really nice surprise!

    What? The existing apps that were built by Xcode 6 should still work for those plain http://
  • id256id256 Posts: 73New Users @
    raymng wrote: »
    What? The existing apps that were built by Xcode 6 should still work for those plain http://

    I don't remember if I built with Xcode 6 or Xcode 7, but the target SDK was iOS8, so, as far as I understand, updating iOS on the device wouldn't break anything, but it did.
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,032Registered Users @ @ @ @
    id256 wrote: »
    raymng wrote: »
    What? The existing apps that were built by Xcode 6 should still work for those plain http://

    I don't remember if I built with Xcode 6 or Xcode 7, but the target SDK was iOS8, so, as far as I understand, updating iOS on the device wouldn't break anything, but it did.

    Oh, first time I heard that, so far the existing apps should not be affected no matter which iOS version installed.
  • id256id256 Posts: 73New Users @
    raymng wrote: »
    Oh, first time I heard that, so far the existing apps should not be affected no matter which iOS version installed.

    So does it work properly in your case after updating to 9.3 or newer? It seems, that you are postponing updates, so probably you haven't tried yet?
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,032Registered Users @ @ @ @
    id256 wrote: »
    raymng wrote: »
    Oh, first time I heard that, so far the existing apps should not be affected no matter which iOS version installed.

    So does it work properly in your case after updating to 9.3 or newer? It seems, that you are postponing updates, so probably you haven't tried yet?

    Yes, it is working in my case, since they are built by xcode6. But not sure the case after 31st Dec 2016.

    I think you built your app by xcode7, and you didn't use "NSAllowsArbitraryLoads", so your HTTP doesn't work.
  • Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 272Registered Users @ @
    "Finally, at WWDC we announced that by the end of 2016 App Review will require “reasonable justification” for many ATS exceptions."

    This seems to be the same as when they reject a binary if you dont enter a reason in the corresponding key for using the Camera.
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
  • anappdev2anappdev2 Posts: 97New Users @
    Looks like Apple has extended the deadline :smile: Not sure though for how long...
    https://9to5mac.com/2016/12/21/apple-delays-requirement-for-https/
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,032Registered Users @ @ @ @
    anappdev2 wrote: »
    Looks like Apple has extended the deadline :smile: Not sure though for how long...
    https://9to5mac.com/2016/12/21/apple-delays-requirement-for-https/

    Good news.. many people are not ready yet...
  • dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,567New Users @ @ @ @ @
    anappdev2 wrote: »
    Looks like Apple has extended the deadline :smile: Not sure though for how long...
    https://9to5mac.com/2016/12/21/apple-delays-requirement-for-https/

    Thanks for posting that. Looks like Apple won't be ruining the holidays after all. :)

    One less pebble in my basket... for now.
Sign In or Register to comment.