Advertise here




Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chartboost Gives Very Low eCPM

raymngraymng Posts: 2,041Registered Users @ @ @ @
Since they mentioned the battle against Ad Fraud, the eCPM keep to be very low for our games.
https://medium.com/playbook-by-chartboost/the-battle-against-ad-fraud-4f076fbe5c82#.slrb8x36a

Anyone got the same situation?

Replies

  • tmongytmongy Posts: 89New Users @
    Yeah super low eCPM for Chartboost these days. I've started phasing out Chartboost ads and replacing them with Unity Ads, much better eCPM there.
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,041Registered Users @ @ @ @
    tmongy wrote: »
    Yeah super low eCPM for Chartboost these days. I've started phasing out Chartboost ads and replacing them with Unity Ads, much better eCPM there.

    What is Unity Ads's eCPM? I think CB just want to increase their margin, and told us to battle against ad fraud.
  • tmongytmongy Posts: 89New Users @
    raymng wrote: »
    What is Unity Ads's eCPM? I think CB just want to increase their margin, and told us to battle against ad fraud.

    It's been averaging around $9.50 over the last 30 days
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,041Registered Users @ @ @ @
    tmongy wrote: »
    raymng wrote: »
    What is Unity Ads's eCPM? I think CB just want to increase their margin, and told us to battle against ad fraud.

    It's been averaging around $9.50 over the last 30 days

    Oh.. is it for Unity made games only?
  • tmongytmongy Posts: 89New Users @
    raymng wrote: »
    tmongy wrote: »
    raymng wrote: »
    What is Unity Ads's eCPM? I think CB just want to increase their margin, and told us to battle against ad fraud.

    It's been averaging around $9.50 over the last 30 days

    Oh.. is it for Unity made games only?

    No, I'm using it in games not made with Unity :smile:
  • astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 613New Users @ @ @
    I had to turn Chartboost off in all my apps as the ECPM fell to $0.30. That's way less than I get for banner ads! What on earth happened? Chartboost used to be great.
    Are there any good eCPMs to be had for interstitials? I don't really want to annoy my customers with movie ads.
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,041Registered Users @ @ @ @
    astersdo wrote: »
    I had to turn Chartboost off in all my apps as the ECPM fell to $0.30. That's way less than I get for banner ads! What on earth happened? Chartboost used to be great.
    Are there any good eCPMs to be had for interstitials? I don't really want to annoy my customers with movie ads.

    I am going to stop CB, no response to email too, the case seems like Playhaven, maybe they are collapsing...
  • astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 613New Users @ @ @
    But who to replace them with?
  • raymngraymng Posts: 2,041Registered Users @ @ @ @
    astersdo wrote: »
    But who to replace them with?

    Applovin or Unity?
  • astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 613New Users @ @ @
    raymng wrote: »
    astersdo wrote: »
    But who to replace them with?

    Applovin or Unity?

    Will check them out. Thanks.
  • astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 613New Users @ @ @
    I really didn't want to bother my users with videos. Are interstitials now pretty much dead? I am only showing Chartboost interstitials so may try their video ads.
  • tmongytmongy Posts: 89New Users @
    astersdo wrote: »
    I really didn't want to bother my users with videos. Are interstitials now pretty much dead? I am only showing Chartboost interstitials so may try their video ads.

    I had the same feeling, so I ended up using Unity Video Ads that can be skipped after 3 seconds (you can adjust the time in their dashboard), and the video starts without sound so as not to annoy the user. In general, video ads have a much higher eCPM than regular static interstitials. The best are Rewarded Video ads cause they benefit everyone and the user chooses to watch them so it's a good experience.
  • astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 613New Users @ @ @
    tmongy wrote: »
    astersdo wrote: »
    I really didn't want to bother my users with videos. Are interstitials now pretty much dead? I am only showing Chartboost interstitials so may try their video ads.

    I had the same feeling, so I ended up using Unity Video Ads that can be skipped after 3 seconds (you can adjust the time in their dashboard), and the video starts without sound so as not to annoy the user. In general, video ads have a much higher eCPM than regular static interstitials. The best are Rewarded Video ads cause they benefit everyone and the user chooses to watch them so it's a good experience.

    Thanks, that's the way to go I guess.
  • macanacasmacanacas Posts: 83Registered Users @
    Chartboost used to be great, now is underperforming, each month since around May is less than the previous month.

    The 3 main Ad networks I use are: Chartboost, Applovin & Admob, giving preference in that order, chartboost used to double o triple earnings than applovin, now applovin gives double or more than chartboost..

    Stats from yesterday:
    Chartboost: 10.5k impressions, ecpm 2.38, revenue $25
    Applovin: 4k impressions, ecpm 10.74, revenue $41

    Time to change the order and try out Unity Ads, very good comments lately of them.
    I also use Vungle on a few apps and the revenue has been increasing around 50% since 3 last months or so.
  • molokoplusmolokoplus AUPosts: 6New Users Noob
    i guess this might be connected with end of Q4 and it's quite normal for the market, cause networks and advertisers start planning new budgets, and it's always been so. as for ecpm dropdown for single network, to my exp this sometimes happens when ad network starts to prioritize own marketplace. in many cases using mediators you can avoid this, because this way u have a stack of several networks in one account
  • astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 613New Users @ @ @
    edited January 11
    I have never had eCPM of less than $0.30 overall. It just suddenly dropped like a stone with Chartboost, tho' I am using interstitials. I started getting 90% less so switched it off. There's no way I am bugging my players with interstitials for $0.30.
    Post edited by astersdo on
  • astersdoastersdo USAPosts: 613New Users @ @ @
    I had an old SDK. I have switched to the latest one and added rewarded videos. Chartboost is great for me again.
Sign In or Register to comment.