Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

App Transfer worth $60,000 , how to be safe?

iGamesDeviGamesDev Posts: 26Registered Users @
Hello Everyone,

im selling my app with $60,000 the buyer want to use Escrow service, which he send them the payment and they tell me they have the money and then i transfer the buyer the app through itunes connect and then the source code too and assets , and he should confirm with them that he got everything and then they release the payment to me, so my question here what if he decided to tell them that he didn't get anything after i already transfer the app and code, it will be already in his Developer account, is there anyway to be safe ? any help would be good.

thank you

Replies

• angelappsangelapps usaPosts: 261New Users @ @
    You need a written contact.

You need to establish the identity of the buyer and do relevant due did.

60k is a lot to not do properly.
    Ps. If they try and screw you then all you can do is sue them, hence the above requirements.

And the contract should include a clause where assignment of rights only occurs on payment.
  • iGamesDeviGamesDev Posts: 26Registered Users @
    angelapps wrote: »
    Ps. If they try and screw you then all you can do is sue them, hence the above requirements.

And the contract should include a clause where assignment of rights only occurs on payment.

thank you for your answer, however i don't know the buyer he found me on flippa and he seems very interested but he is overseas which make it impossible to sue him.
    If he is willing to pay 60k without a contract I would be worried. Anyone paying that sought of money should want one. You really need some proper legal advice.
  • notnaknotnak GermanyPosts: 22New Users @
    Are you selling your famous "A $100 To WIN", $499 app? :)
  • UIUsUIUs Posts: 168Moderators Admin
    The OP and seller is a "scammer", going back to 2010 - 2011.

Banned!
    UIU, why can he post if banned?
    After reviewing his history today, he just got banned a few minutes ago.
    UIS, ok, I see.

Mayne someone was scamming the scammer and the scammer was worried he was going to get scammed!
    LOL, there's probably some truth in that.
  • notnaknotnak GermanyPosts: 22New Users @
    Ops, sorry for bringing up his history from the dead pile...