Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happend to Christmas sales???

angelappsangelapps usaPosts: 254New Users @ @
My downloads over the xmas period are up over 30% in the education category, great you would think.

IAP's are down circa 50% on last years xmas period, same product, same price.

I cant event blame more competition as I am actually ranking better than ever, hence more downloads.

Technology companies are surposed to grow, rapidly, I am sinking slowly.

Replies

• UIUsUIUs Posts: 162Moderators Admin
    I suspect you do know the answer. The gold rush is over. The iPhone is also 10 years old now. The novelty has worn off. Going back 5 years, Holiday sales were a reason for developers to pop a bottle of Champagne. Now, just Champale.
  • angelappsangelapps usaPosts: 254New Users @ @
    UIU, indeed I suppose I do. So much time invested its hard to face the reality that its time for something new.
  • UIUsUIUs Posts: 162Moderators Admin
    That is one of the toughest things to face in life. Knowing when to quit. I usually quit when I find something else that holds my interest, and opens up a whole new world.
  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 602New Users @ @ @
    I remember the first year my app was in the store, 4 years ago, the Holiday boost lasted all the way from around December 20th to some time in early January. This year, it went from about December 20th to the 25th and then fell off a cliff so badly after, that I lost all the gains made from the boost.
  • drpetedrpete RomaniaPosts: 3New Users Noob
    This year was the absolute worst. Sales in the last 10 days are more than 50% lower compared with last year, also the year average is with 30% lower...