Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apple Schedule of Payment 2016-17

CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 631New Users @ @ @
I figured I'd just start a new thread so I could post the schedule of payments at the top in the first post. Here it is:

bqliecnn95jf.png

Starting in December, it appears they've made some drastic changes to the schedule. If you notice, they changed December to a 35 day month, so its end date was changed from the 24th to the 31st. Also, you'll notice we get paid for December on Tuesday, January 24th, only 24 days after the December pay period ended. Previously, we always got paid on a Thursday, 33 days after the pay period.

In my calculations above, I assumed this isn't a one month fluke and this is how they're going to proceed form here in on in, so what this means is we'll receive our payments much sooner if it holds. I will edit accordingly if I'm incorrect about that assumption.

Replies

• dev666999dev666999 Posts: 3,566New Users @ @ @ @ @
    OK, doing some digging, here's the reason for the change. It is an accounting smoke and mirrors trick to smooth out the iPhone revenues for the December quarter. Apple wants to make sure that Xmas sales are reflected in the December quarter, which would not be the case if the original end date for that quarter was December 24, 2016. Hence the change to December 31. Apple has to keep Wall Street happy. Lower sales, would reflect badly on the company and its products.

Here's a link that will give you all the details.

http://ped30.com/2016/08/12/apple-extra-week-q1-2017/
  • CoDEFRoCoDEFRo Posts: 631New Users @ @ @
    edited January 19
    @dev666999 But I wonder why they would disburse the money on Tuesday January 24 instead of the 26th like initially planned?

I e-mailed Apple, will update when they get back to me.
    Post edited by CoDEFRo on
    edited January 24
    Here is the e-mail they sent back to me:
    Hello,

The December fiscal calendar was erroneously cut off after 4 weeks. It has been corrected. The fiscal calendar has not changed - you just couldn't see the last week of fiscal December through Dec 31.

Payment dates have not changed. Payments were sent Jan 24 due to Lunar bank holidays so you wouldn't be paid late.

Regards,

iTunes Finance

So I have to adjust the schedule I posted above, looks like we're still going to be paid on Thursdays, 33 days after the period ends.

I'm not sure what they mean when they say the fiscal calendar hasn't changed, the entire thing drastically changed.
    Post edited by CoDEFRo on
    If this all holds, the payment date for January will be March 9th! Not fair!
    CoDEFRo wrote: »

Thanks for the update. Yeah that late March 9 date is a bit harsh. :(
    dev666999 wrote: »

Thanks for the update. Yeah that late March 9 date is a bit harsh. :(

They shifted the entire schedule after the year had already begun allegedly to pad their stats, didn't tell anyone about it, no e-mail contact. And now we're going to have to live with ridiculous pay dates for the rest of the year. Bad work Apple.
    I can't edit the above post anymore, so here is the new one. Note, Apple can and will change this schedule at any given point without giving us notice, so I can't make any promise for its accuracy:

wsksukxafmu8.png

• bobgoobobgoo BcnPosts: 3New Users Noob
    I can't edit the above post anymore, so here is the new one. Note, Apple can and will change this schedule at any given point without giving us notice, so I can't make any promise for its accuracy:

wsksukxafmu8.png

Hi, I think January is a 4 week period. If you go to itunes connect, payment and finantial reports and select January in the drop down menu, it shows that it begins the 1st and ends the 28th.

• Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 272Registered Users @ @
    LOL they really have it at 28 in the drop down menu :) but in the full screen calendar its up to Feb. 4.0q0b2clhpwh3.png
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
  • chit33chit33 RussiaPosts: 4New Users Noob
    Hi everyone, the financial report usually was published in account "Payment and Financial Reports" from 11th to 14th of each month. I didn't received it yet. Maybe somebody else faced the same problem? Please comment
  • rijeka2008rijeka2008 Posts: 117Registered Users @ @
    same here
  • chit33chit33 RussiaPosts: 4New Users Noob
    there was a report today, but it is very strange - where usually written payment date (or carried forward) - just nothing, empty space. Anybody got something similar?
  • rglrgl ScotlandPosts: 13New Users *
    When I've seen this, it's because the report calculation process hasn't quite finished. Whatever batch calculation process they use for this can take days and if you check in periodically the report is updated from the last time you looked at it. Normally this is closed and 'signed off' by the time you get the email from Apple saying the reports are ready, though I think I once had a 'split' report with stuff carried forward which was then corrected a day or two later.
    I don't understand why they just don't pay us on the same day every month like a normal company. Getting paid 9 days after the month starts is ridiculous, especially if you live paycheck to paycheck. Why is it so hard to just pick one concrete date instead of having to use formulas and calculate all this madness?
    I don't understand why they just don't pay us on the same day every month like a normal company. Getting paid 9 days after the month starts is ridiculous, especially if you live paycheck to paycheck. Why is it so hard to just pick one concrete date instead of having to use formulas and calculate all this madness?

Because Apple, like the Trumps believe their needs are more important than yours.

Hence them pissing on you.

Because Apple, like the Trumps believe their needs are more important than yours.

The move they pulled with changing the schedule and not informing anyone was very obnoxious.

The move they pulled with changing the schedule and not informing anyone was very obnoxious.

I totally agree. As you mentioned, it creates economic havoc for those less fortunate. In the USA, if you have a mortgage, you have a grace period of 15 days before it's considered late. However, for renters there is no such legal grace period. Rent is generally due on the 1st of each month with it being late on the 5th. Like you, surprised that Apple's programmers did not take that into account, Apple being so socially conscious and all. I have a mortgage and savings, so this new schedule does not affect me. But still... what about others who are now looking for short time loans each month to avoid being homeless? This was poorly thought out. Shame on Apple. Developing for a living is already too difficult for most developers. To add another burden or obstacle is unconscionable, especially when it would be EASY for Apple to schedule payments on the 1st of each month.