Advertise here

Advertise here

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apple re-reviwing apps, normal?

angelappsangelapps usaPosts: 257New Users @ @
In the last two weeks I have published all my apps in the mac app store, all are approved and I can see from my server log apple in Cupertino using the apps just before approval.

Then a week after approval apple looked at several of them again.

Is this normal, are they re-reviewing apps for some new reason?

Replies

• angelappsangelapps usaPosts: 257New Users @ @
    PS, these re-reviews show up in itc stats as free downloads where as my app is paid only.

I can now also see exactly one check on every one and every version releases, so they checked versions which has already been replaced.
  • Crichton333Crichton333 Posts: 264Registered Users @ @
    Or the review guy just enjoying the paid app he got for free during initial review :)
    "Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- iOS: Nebula Virtual Reality
    At first I did thought, wow, someone at Apple has actually bought my apps. However I have now seen exactly one usage on each app since my latest updates. Plus all the screen sizes are weird, like 1280 x 1024 on osxSierra, which maybe a virtual machine/instance.
  • jhonkjjhonkj Posts: 144New Users @ @
    most likely it is Apple checking to see if apps are suppressing something during review, and then turning it on after the app has been reviewed, trying to trick the system into not seeing a malware like function. (and it is probably automated rather than a person)... Apple will probably go on to vary the times of the check, and then do more checks 1 month out, and 6 months and 1 year etc....

so probably a smart move on Apple's part... would be better if Apple allowed specific non standard sandbox like functions since they could check for the bad guys, with some sort of checks to keep malware from happening.

Apple is tying developer's (and apps) hands behind their backs, I constantly get emails about "why can't you do this" for both Mac apps and iPhone apps, and I have to explain that Apple does not allow that very useful function.... a very sorry state of a road we have had to go down because of black hats, If i had my way, black hats would be lined up against a wall when caught, they have caused more damage to advances than any single setback, except for Apple tying developer's hands behind their backs which is even worse.
    It certainly was not very sophisticated and came from the normal apple ip range.